Pain on right side of stomach

DS-KB

I am currently three weeks postop. I have been doing well with water and protein intake since 1 week out. Never threw up and am able to walk 10,000 steps a day without any issue.

The only issue I have is a pain in the right side of my stomach. It feel like it is in my assending colon? The pain also radiated down towards my pelvis. It’s a sharp pain that does not last very long, but definitly takes my breath when it does hurt.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks!

HW 400
SW 375
CW 338

sorry to hear about your pain, that's concerning. people who know more than I do will be along soon, I hope. have you called your doctor about it?

sorry to hear about your pain, that's concerning. people who know more than I do will be along soon, I hope. have you called your doctor about it?

I spoke to my doctor about it during my two week check up and they said it was part of the healing process. I’m hoping it goes away before my 6 week check up. If it gets worse, I am going to go back in to follow up.

I spoke to my doctor about it during my two week check up and they said it was part of the healing process. I’m hoping it goes away before my 6 week check up. If it gets worse, I am going to go back in to follow up.
If it’s a bad enough pain to ask, then you already know the answer. Get seen.

I think it is gas pain. It hurt yesterday and I took gas-x. The “pain” went away shortly thereafter.

I definitely had various odd pains afterward, and was told that I likely had some adhesions forming, and some even pulling, but then did end up with a blockage, so I don't ever hesitate to have pain checked out. I'd much rather go in and be told it's nothing, rather than tough it out and have something become an emergency. I'm glad you asked the dr.

I definitely had various odd pains afterward, and was told that I likely had some adhesions forming, and some even pulling, but then did end up with a blockage, so I don't ever hesitate to have pain checked out. I'd much rather go in and be told it's nothing, rather than tough it out and have something become an emergency. I'm glad you asked the dr.

I haven’t had the “pain” or “discomfort” for 3 days. I’m pretty sure it was a combination of healing after surgery and gas pain.

I did have it looked at during my 2 week followup and was told to come back if it got worse. Hopefully it does not come back, I’m really feeling great except for that one issue.

Latest posts

Back