Out of hospital in rehab.

Charris

Now an angel
I was denied for Acute rehab. So I'm in a Skilled Nursing Home. I was initially trying to go back to the one I was in last time. Im supposed to get physical therapy and occupational therapy.

Last week occupational therapy and physical therapy came in at the same time they had me for a total of 15 minutes and said that was all my time that the insurance provided between the two of them. I refuse to believe that insurance will authorize for seven and a half minutes for both of them. The other nursing home but had no openings. The 2nd session I had they walked me to the cafe. Well I've been doing that 6 times a day so I was not impressed. So I talked to the social workers about just going home instead of them milking my insurance. I broke everything on my right side plus my left ribs and neck. They hadn't done anything with my upper body or arm and hand. A major need for me is my hand and arm I'm right handed. This weekend I had 2 different therapists. Who actually worked with me. So I talked with the doctor and explained my concerns. He agreed.

The therapists told me every day their supervisor sends them their schedule telling them who they have and how many minutes insurance authorized for that session. So I have started to document the time we start and finish, therapist's name, and if it's OT or PT. I thought about it why should i penalize myself because of 2 lazy time stealing therapists.

So a lot of the pain has calmed down or maybe the meds are working better. Lol my arm and knee and leg are the only things that will not be fooled by pain meds. The arm give me the BLUES! I literally wake up at 3.5 to 4 hours like clockwork for pain meds at night because of the arm. I figure it's because of the surgery. They put a rod and plate in the arm.

Toot and my daughter were here yesterday. We watched some movies. He literally had my crying he wanted to lay in the bed with me. I would doze off here he goes crawling all over my broken limbs. He misses me, lol.

Well that's about all I have to report

I am glad you are doing better and on the road to recovery, and that Toot was able to spend some time with Grandma.

Good job advocating for yourself! Keep on them because obviously you need rehab help and they need to give you what you need. I don't see how an insurance company could deny proper coverage for this.

Hang in there and get better soon!

You continue to be in my thoughts! Seems like you are doing a great job of self-advocating, keep up the great work. How is your nutritional status?

Latest posts

Back