Other than weight loss, what is one of your goals?

The husband is going through this now. We didnt realize he needed to wait..so 2 months after his surgery, he was down from a 13 to a 10..we had it resized. 2 more months later, he's down to a 9 but the jeweler has said not to resize it again. So he's waiting it out until his weight stabilizes, and he'll get another one. Im pretty sure I'll never have a problem that extensive...his weightloss has been so dramatic!!!
There's another option: re-new your vows with new rings. When he initially proposed we were both in the USAF without a lot of money. He wanted to get me an engagement ring, yet that seemed too extravagant. Fast forward a few years and he lost his ring. (Long story.) We renewed our vows on our tenth anniversary. On the anniversary of the date he proposed, I got an engagement ring. We exchanged new rings on the date of the wedding.

I wanted to be able to move again, for my feet not to hurt after a 5 mile walk. But, really, I wanted to be able to wear cute clothes. I always had cute clothes, but I never felt cute. Now, I feel cute in cute clothes. Have I mentioned I love skinny jeans - well, I have on this board about 100 times.

Me in cute clothes.
IMG_0763.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to be able to get into a bathroom stall without maneuvering around the toilet, toilet paper holder, and stall door. That was always so embarrassing if the handicapped stall wasn't open! Eureka!!

I'm so happy to see y'alls goals!! Like everyone else, I have so many little things that I hope I'll be able to do(again).
*I want to be able to wear my wedding ring again.
*I want to have the confidence to get back on stage and join a band.
*I want to be able to start surfing again. And I want to be able to Paddleboard.
*I can't wait to be able to get back on rollercoasters and ziplines!!!
*I want to be able to see my collar bones.
*Also, (Don't Judge Me) Standing up, against the wall sex. You know, the kind where he picks you up and holds you up by your thighs... Yeeeaaaahhhh.

I have so many NSVs I want to hit again and maintain.
-Cross my legs comfortably
-Effortlessly run 6 miles again (A goal I can't believe I hit with my VSG but I did)
-Have more energy
-Not have my arm fall asleep when I am reading a book in bed
-Get rid of my fat clothes...I have clothes in my house ranging from xs-xxl. I am a solid M on top and L on bottom. I would LOVE to get rid of all of my bigger clothes and have my house more organized. I can't wear 80% of the clothes currently hanging in my closet.

-And the biggest one? Be comfortable in my own skin. I want to feel beautiful.

I have so many NSVs I want to hit again and maintain.
-Cross my legs comfortably
-Effortlessly run 6 miles again (A goal I can't believe I hit with my VSG but I did)
-Have more energy
-Not have my arm fall asleep when I am reading a book in bed
-Get rid of my fat clothes...I have clothes in my house ranging from xs-xxl. I am a solid M on top and L on bottom. I would LOVE to get rid of all of my bigger clothes and have my house more organized. I can't wear 80% of the clothes currently hanging in my closet.

-And the biggest one? Be comfortable in my own skin. I want to feel beautiful.
Go ahead and purge your closet of your biggest. I would keep one top and one bottom in your biggest size to compare your current size when your head shows signs of body dismorphia.

I'm so happy to see y'alls goals!! Like everyone else, I have so many little things that I hope I'll be able to do(again).

*Also, (Don't Judge Me) Standing up, against the wall sex. You know, the kind where he picks you up and holds you up by your thighs... Yeeeaaaahhhh.

Haha! Well given how much we talk about poop, gas and everything else....this is totally fair game.

Thanks for making me smile.

*I want to be able to wear my wedding ring again.
*I want to have the confidence to get back on stage and join a band.
*I want to be able to start surfing again. And I want to be able to Paddleboard.
*I can't wait to be able to get back on rollercoasters and ziplines!!!
*I want to be able to see my collar bones.
That last goal...yes honey yessss! Judgement free zone here!!!!!

OK....since we are getting girlfriend honest here...lol....I had lots of fun sex when I was in college as you should. I was fat in HS, got thin for college and fooled around and found a good man and all of it was fun. Along the way I gained weight, and while the good man stayed with me as I gained weight, we we did go our seperate ways. There was little attention from men. Then, I got thin again and had some fun and met another good man. Then, fat again.

Oh my secret wish list is now is lots fun and sex to make up for everything. And of course, it would be great to find a good man and settle down.

When I listen to interviews of people late in life and they are asked what they wish they did differently about 75% of the time both genders say they should have had more sex.

I can't believe i just shared this, but whatever. Life is short and there is fun to be had.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back