Osteoporosis and Lead Poisoning? Who Knew?

k9ophile

http://www.healnatl.org/Osteoporosis.html

As if the osteoporosis isn't bad enough itself, I now have to worry about lead poisoning just because I'm a Baby Boomer? I know I was exposed to lead through gasoline. We used to clean our feet with leaded gas just about every day in the summers. We'd go barefoot and get road tar all over our feet. It wouldn't come off with soap and water, so we'd put gas on a rag and clean our feet. Guess it's a good thing I never ate lead paint chips, but I still was exposed as discussed in the article.

I guess my good news is that the Forteo has slowed down my bone loss. We'll see what the testing for lead in my body has to say. It's scheduled in May. I'll report back.

And for us Leading Edge Baby Boomers...those approaching 70...there were these!

18lpztsi1py5ujpg.jpg

A couple of times a year, you got to watch your toe bones wiggle while your sibling(s) got their shoes fitted.

Pedoscope_2277331b.jpg

A friend's father survived Auschwitz, came to the states and worked in a shoe store...filled with radiation. He died young, from cancer. You have to at least consider that xray machine.

Yeah, I probably used that, too. My mom was fanatical about our feet when we were growing. She always bought the best shoes to protect our feet when we were toddlers.

Latest posts

Back