orthorexia nervosa

But I think you have to wait 18 months to start "trying" post-DS (from what I've read) and so maybe the high fertility won't still be happening? Who knows. I hope you're right. :) :)

@more2adore , keep in mind, you become scary fertile while losing weight after the DS. So much so that you need two BARRIER methods of BC to prevent it happening while you are still in the active, rapid weight loss phase. Women pop up all the time pregnant on these boards who swear they can't get pregnant, have never ovulated, only have one ovary, we've heard it all. Yet they are pregnant, surprise!, and only a few months post op.

Many women in my family had kids in their 40's. My dear sweet MIL had many babies in her 40's.

@hilary1617 I pity you your sister. I bet family gatherings are a blast NOT.
@more2adore We almost had the same parents. Just today I was making chicken salad with my SO and I remarked that I had never tasted mayo till I was almost a teenager. He was totally shocked! My father was so ashamed of having 2 fat kids and a fat wife that the three of us lived on a diet! We had mustard because it was low calorie!

@Munchkin , Let's just say that the annual holiday visit is complicated. She really can't help herself, so I try to deal, but at some point it does become insufferable. Last visit, I did pay for her to spend a weekend at a hotel mid-visit as a holiday gift (which I gave to both her and myself). Fortunately she's in Amsterdam and I'm in Chicago, so she can't watch my plate like a hawk these days.

I was a skinny kid, but my family was over-the-top health-conscious (my dad used to give people fitness guides as gifts, parents and sister were long distance runners, we all skied competitively), so we were subjected to all manner of strange diet fads and we weren't routinely allowed anything sugary or heavily processed, so in a way, she's carrying on the family tradition and I'm the oddball for liking meat and hating cooking....

Latest posts

Back