opinion pls

Has anyone ordered off Nashua nutrition before. I am looking to get some samples of things iam almost one month post op and am going to want to spread my wings a lil... but the stuff on there looks to good I chicken out cuz I wasn't sure if I cold eat it yet... has anyone at my stage eatin protein bars or oatmeal they even had protein pancakes idk...

I have ordered from Nashua Nutrition before. I would not be eating any grains or possibly even nuts at your stage. I worry about your stomach being able to process that stuff. I know I ate grain too soon and paid in pain and vomiting for my mistake. Go slow, this doesn't last too much longer. When does your surgeon say you can have solid food? I thought the soft food stage lasted about 6 weeks. I might be all wet.

I prefer to not eat specially "engineered" diet foods. At a month postop I was eating things like the insides of a Taco Bell taco (which could also be construed as an "engineered" food *g*), a bit of refried beans with cheese, soft white fish like tilapia or cod, scallops, shrimp, eggs, Greek yogurt. I mixed some Beneprotein powder into things like pudding or yogurt, but not for long.

I try to stay away from processed foods...too many things in there that are unpronounceable. IF you can pronounce all the ingredients listed without a chemical degree...it's probably okay.

I don't use protein bars much at all...I am super sensitive to the "itols" that they tend to use. (List of artificial sweeteners here about halfway down the page). My daily limit of anything ending in itol is 4 grams before I bloat like a pregnant cow. Maybe making your own? I know there are recipes out there and that way, YOU control what you use in them.

But I would wait til you are at least 8 weeks out before attempting that stuff AND be at home when you do. Even if your outside is healed, your inside is still very tender and swollen and you need to treat it like a baby. It was sliced/diced/ and put back together and it's still mad at you.

I have ordered from Nashua Nutrition before. I would not be eating any grains or possibly even nuts at your stage. I worry about your stomach being able to process that stuff. I know I ate grain too soon and paid in pain and vomiting for my mistake. Go slow, this doesn't last too much longer. When does your surgeon say you can have solid food? I thought the soft food stage lasted about 6 weeks. I might be all wet.
He allows us to move to regular food at 4 weeks so that would be Monday for me but I don't think I'm ready for all that yet what about oatmeal would u think that would be ok...

Oh, I know how hungry you feel and how wonderful oatmeal would taste but it is a grain and your stomach might have a tough time breaking it down right now. I would have a soft scramble egg instead for just a little while longer.

I have only had oatmeal once since my surgery. It is pretty high in carbs.

Ya that is very true I don't want to make things worse on myself . So crab would be ok... I think I might try an egg I just want something hot ya know...

I stay away from oatmeal and products like that, for me eggs were great, simple scrambled with a little water to keep them moise, well I still eat them everyday, but now I fry them after I make my bacon. never had egg drop soup but I am sure it would go down great.

Latest posts

Back