OMFG please please please help me deal with this run around

writegirl

Work in Progress
I'm in that weird position of needing to pay the difference between a VSG and the DS. It's about $4000.00. Last week, the patient advocate at my surgeon's office informed me that I "have to pay the full payment up front before we can schedule you." None of this sounds right to me. I've already paid $500.00 of the $1500.00 pre-surgical fees. I asked her if I could pay $1000.00 and then pay the rest before surgery. She again said no, they can't even schedule without the full payment.

I have a check coming next week for the entire amount but it irks the shit out of me that I have to wait to even schedule my surgery date until I can pay the entire amount. So, I just called again to ask if I pay $1000.00 right now can I get on the schedule and then pay $3000.00 next week. This she tells me I can do this.

Someone please explain to me how/why she could not have made this clear when we spoke last week? I'm beginning to lose my patience with this "advocate." She gets downright snippy and rude. I honestly can't believe how she talks to people. She acts like my questions are stupid or I am putting her out of her way.

Regardless, they couldn't take my payment today because "We just shut down our credit card for the day."

I feel like this "advocate" just does not listen. Worse, I feel like she is confrontational and does not give AF about me or the way her incompetence fucks with lives.

*facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* (yeah, I'm being dramatic) *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk*

After your surgery, when you feel up to it, write a letter or email to your surgeon. He may, or may not, realize how poorly his staff treats his patients. It might change something, it might not, but you will feel better for getting this off your chest.

Thank you, ladies! I'm going to have to bite my tongue practically off to keep quiet until after surgery, but I will do it. It's not like I am asking a lot of this woman, just that she not be so dismissive and rude. I'm at a loss.

Latest posts

Back