Omelette game-changer

Jo777

Aug 2017
I eat a lot of eggs, and never really liked omelettes as much as over easy or poached, until now!

I stumbled on this guy's feed on FB and have watched a LOT of his awesome vids, he's a fabulous butcher and great cook- worthy of checking out especially if you like or consider eating game.

Something about the browned butter and the fast cooked eggs, never had a lighter, more tender and at the same time, richer tasting omelette.. it needs nothing but salt and pepper.

check it out:

That's how I've always done omelettes and it DOES turn out so nice! I usually put on a nice handful of cheese before I fold it all up... yum! It used to be the only way I'd eat eggs but since my DS I enjoy eggs in various forms :)

To me the key to good scrambled eggs or omlets is putting lots of cheese in the same time as the eggs and then stirring until the cheese and eggs become creamy..... Then I add the other precooked toppings and let it set up.

I'm an awesome cook but haven't tried to cook an omelette in many years. I go out to a good diner or my mom makes me one (use to be 2 6-egg omelettes when I came over to her house.)

I cover the top of my eggs in a thick layer of black pepper. I'm talking I open the top of the shaker and pour half of the pepper on top. Have to do it this way or else become nauseous because of things that happened in my childhood.

I wonder if im still adverse to eating eggs in any other way than this.

I'm an awesome cook but haven't tried to cook an omelette in many years. I go out to a good diner or my mom makes me one (use to be 2 6-egg omelettes when I came over to her house.)

I cover the top of my eggs in a thick layer of black pepper. I'm talking I open the top of the shaker and pour half of the pepper on top. Have to do it this way or else become nauseous because of things that happened in my childhood.

I wonder if im still adverse to eating eggs in any other way than this.

It's hard to tell without trying it. I like eggs now and I hated them prior to surgery unless they were in an omelette smothered with goodies. They still aren't my absolute favorites but I can eat them without gagging...and I actually enjoy them stirred into hot and sour soup. I don't think I can handle hard boiled eggs though... they still sound pretty icky to me. Go figure :)

I so am dying to try this, but my sleeve is so averse to dry eggs I'm scared to. It won't let me eat dry scrambled eggs - only super runny scrambled made with milk & cream cheese, or poached eggs with a runny yolk. It's so picky! But this recipe is calling to me! :)

I so am dying to try this, but my sleeve is so averse to dry eggs I'm scared to. It won't let me eat dry scrambled eggs - only super runny scrambled made with milk & cream cheese, or poached eggs with a runny yolk. It's so picky! But this recipe is calling to me! :)

Try it! Between the butter- I don't skimp, use a big hunk! You can fold it while it's still wet-ish, it's never been dry and stiff like some I've had. In fact, the innards in mine I prefer slightly loose still, with lots of cheese. :)

@Jo777 that fish looks fabulous! Unfortunately we never see fresh cod around here, but I'll give it a try with frozen (thawed out of course) one of these days. And I would think it would work equally well with any mild white fish. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back