OldBroad is having surgery on Monday 4/6

Mom is getting extra attention thanks to Diana's vigilance, including nutritional support and monitoring. I am sip, sip, sipping and walk, walk, walking. I spoke to Dr. Elariny's fellow this morning to ask a few questions and she was compassionate and helpful. I've really been lucky so far in the care I'm getting from professionals, friends and family.

I texted Mom's PCP yesterday (I hadn't noticed Larra's post, but obviously GMTA!) about Mom's nutritional status, suggesting TPN, and he got the nutritionist in to see her this morning, and they are going to give her PPN (like Larra had suggested).

I'd like to think this would have happened without my "intervention," but either way, at least she is going to get some nutritional support to promote her healing.

Thinking of you, @DianaCox and @OldBroad .

Glad you are hydrating and moving, Rachel! :) You will feel better and better each day.

Hope the extra nutritional support really puts your mom on a solid road to a healthy future.

All the best,
Hilary

Wow! Just wow!
Sending healing vibes to you oldbroad! Do you mind if we call you Rachel? Sip, walk, rest, repeat!
Diana I am definitely feeling that overwhelming feeling of to much happening at once. I take Xa_nax but a small glass of wine sounds good!
I will also be swinging critters for your mom. I hope she has a good recovery!

Mom is really getting annoyed and frustrated, with being in the hospital, with being NPO, and with having the NG tube put back in to help deal with her nausea (presumably because her guts haven't "woken up" yet and she is bloated and in pain from that). But I think being ticked off is better than being too sick to complain. We keep reminding her that she will be better soon and this crappy part isn't going to last much longer.
~~~~
"Do you mind if we call you Rachel?"

I cannot speak for Rachael, but if she's an old broad, and I'm her 4 years older sister ... what does that make me?

:hmph cat::seniormrebel::th partyline:

Mom is really getting annoyed and frustrated, with being in the hospital, with being NPO, and with having the NG tube put back in to help deal with her nausea (presumably because her guts haven't "woken up" yet and she is bloated and in pain from that). But I think being ticked off is better than being too sick to complain. We keep reminding her that she will be better soon and this crappy part isn't going to last much longer.
~~~~
"Do you mind if we call you Rachel?"

I cannot speak for Rachael, but if she's an old broad, and I'm her 4 years older sister ... what does that make me?

:hmph cat::seniormrebel::th partyline:

Glad your mom is up to complaining. That is a good sign.

As to your being older...maybe (ducking cause I'm gonna get whapped) "Older Broad"????

Day 5 report: still sore internally, but a little more energetic. Today is move up day, from full liquids to pureed foods (did you know that a spoonful of Underwood deviled ham mixed into boring cream of veggie soup is a taste sensation?) Talking with @DianaCox about my recovery and our Mom's recovery has been keeping me busy.

And call me Rachael for sure, OldBroad is just the name I used to sign up for a baseball fan site, to ward off the icky boy trolls.

@OldBroad (still have to use that to tag you, Rachel) just be aware that cream of soups have flour in them and you can develop gas/bloat, NOT everyone does but it is a possibility.

Latest posts

Back