OldBroad is having surgery on Monday 4/6

@OldBroad....my best wishes to you ma'am! You certainly couldn't have a better co-pilot w/u along your journey! Good luck!

@OldBroad Best of everything tomorrow. If you and your sister are anything like me and mine (also older) taking her advice is hard. But in your case listen to her!! She really is an expert. Can't wait to hear about you tomorrow night.

good luck and we will be anxious to hear, wishing you a routine surgery and an easy recovery.

She's still in surgery, but per her husband about 30 min ago "Progress report from the OR. Everything is going well and no problems have surfaced."

As expected, showing up at 6 AM was for a surgery start time of about 8 AM Eastern time, so it's been about 4.5 hours since she was taken into the OR - not surprising in view of her size and the number of procedures (stomach, intestines, cholecystectomy and appendectomy) being done. I wouldn't be surprised if Elariny finds and repairs a hiatal hernia in the process as well (everyone in the family has reflux, and Dad had a hiatal rupture a few years ago - most of his stomach abruptly ended up above the diaphragm). So I'm not concerned about the time just yet.

I'm expecting a post-op update shortly.

Great news! Doesn't matter how long it took as long as she's ok.

Latest posts

Back