ok yall back to stuff that matters...Me & Weight loss

Charris

Now an angel
I am going on 7 weeks with no weight loss? Has anyone ever in the first 3 months went that long with no loss? I don't what I am or am not doing. Im taking all my vites one way or another. Could I be eating to much or too less?

Yesterday I had 6 fried chicken strips throughout the day. 1/2 a personal watermelon. About 1/4 of a cup ground beef with spaghetti sauce and cheddar cheese. 25 grams of protein through a protein shake.

Dr. K called in Pepsid and Reglan to help with my constant vomiting and reflux.

Any ideas or thoughts on what my problem is

Last edited:
Man, I HATE that Reglan shit. It can have some really nasty side effects. Are you losing inches? How much of what you ate yesterday did you puke back up?

The ground beef and some of the watermelon.

I read the literature that came with the Reglan. I was scared when i read it.......So you are actually on that suffered from those extrdme side effects they talk about?

I was loosing inches but now for about 2 or 3 weeks im at a stalemate.

Not to be construed as medical advice: I don't think you are getting enough to eat. When you get your puking under control and are able to get more food, I believe the weight loss will kick in. It was the hardest thing for me to wrap my head around, when I ate MORE of the right stuff, protein and fat, I lost more!
After 40 years of starving myself to lose, this was like an epiphany from above. lol Also you may be one of those that needs to count carbs and keep them low. Things like watermelon and breading on the chicken. It doesn't sound like your carb count is too high right now, I mean after you are able to EAT. I have never taken Reglan but I know enough people that did and suffered that I refuse to try it, ever. Talk to Diana Cox about her experience.

Oh and water and/or clear liquids, those are uber important for weight loss.

It is fairly common for the scale to stall a couple of months out while the body adjusts to the changes. I agree with Shales that if you eat (and drink) more you will likely start losing again. I know it seems counterintuitive!

Charris, try posting everything you eat, drink (and probably vomit I suppose) for a few days and I bet people can give you some advice. Could be not enough food, could be too many carbs, could be something else.

Side note- I was not on reglan long term, but I did not have any side effects and have a prescription to add to my regular regimen if I get any flare ups. It helped me a ton when I had SEVEVE reflux that led to vomiting.

Could your body be afraid that it is starving, and it is just hanging on to everything it is taking in? I know that is a hard concept to grasp sometimes, but our body is built and programmed to protect itself from invasion, illness, and famine. It was invaded and traumatized just a few months ago. Now it is dealing with vomiting and reflux. I was not able to manage fried foods, wheat products, ground beef, and fruit as soon as you have added them. I do hope you find some answers soon.

You might also want to note you are a revision, and, fill in your history of complications and the various health issues you have so people have the whole picture and can give you the best guidance possible. Your eating path is going to be very different for these reasons.

Last edited:
You have had a hard time! I would guess with your complications that you are still swollen. And don't you still have a tube in? Plus you are a revision and that adds to the mix too. You were seriously sliced and diced.

My best advice to you would be work on getting the puking under control. Do what ever you need to do. I would back off of anything tomato based for sure. And eat things like Greek yogurt, string cheese, ricotta fluff, chicken thighs slow cooked till the meat falls off the bone, and shakes. Of course, hydration comes first. Work on some Gatorade G2(the one without all the sugar) so you don't get your electrolytes out of whack. Drink first, then worry about food. Or put the G2 down the tube so you know it's going in!

Yup, add me to that list CV, when I went into a stall and the vets told me more food!
It seemed really odd but I figure ok it might even be fun to try and sure enough the weight started to shift again!

The trick is to find one or two go to foods that you can tolerate and get down.
Full fat yogurt? Mixed with cottage cheese and hemp seeds? Did not matter how bad my GERD / reflux was that always went down for me. How bout you is there at least one goto? Oh and spoonfuls of peanut butter and cream cheese were good for me too!
Good luck
Kenny

Side note, hemp seeds killer extra protein and delicious, but with your job I would wonder if they might trigger a false positive on a drug test.
Just a thought

Edit and add:
I just re read your post so not much food and fats more cream and mayo maybe some bacon?
But my other thought when my GERD stuff was rampant, chicken fingers and ground beef both would have me vomit. Even today chicken is hard on me fried breaded even more (and I LOVED the colonel, deep sigh)
K

Last edited:
Charris- I'm also a revision and am struggling with intractable nausea. I don't have any good answers, but I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone in going through this. No meds have helped. I'm not really eating much at all, so it's mostly dry heaving at this point. If I find something that works or answers, I will definitely let you know! Would you please do the same?

Back to the nausea issue. Have you tried the scopolamine patch? Or a dose of dramamine? Both may make you sleepy/tired but it's better than throwing up. And probably wouldn't be needed for more than a couple days. Just long enough to break the pattern.

When I am trying to determine why my new innards might be out of whack, I go back to the basics. When I think of the basics, I think of chicken thighs, fish, shrimp, cheese, yogurt, peanut butter, bacon, soft cuts of pork and beef, and eggs. No breading, no acidy sauses, no tough fibrous meats. I think of them as "clean" proteins. No added carbs or startches. I cut out all fruits for a few days, and eat only cooked vegies I know I can "trust."

Another suggestion for the nausea: Fresh ginger, ginger tea and peppermint tea. Try them, can't hurt.

Latest posts

Back