Oh man

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
This is a FB post a poor guy just made.

"Dr. Arnold will be performing my surgery in about 4 short days here in Az. I know when I first joined this group, several people highly recommended him, and I am forever grateful for the suggestion too. How many of you guys traveled to az just to have Dr Arnold do your surgery??"

It is too late and he isn't going to be swayed so I am leaving it alone, but man all I have heard from here is that there is nobody qualified in AZ.

There isn't any DS surgeon in AZ.
Yeah I know so not sure what this guy thinks he getting. ...it in the Dr k group. BTW I think 25% of the people there don't even comprehend is Dr K's group. Anazing

Yep it is his group. Dawn and Kristina from staff are moderators and so is Dr k but I haven't seen him post in the group like he does on his Central Valley Bariatrics Page.

I just wish people would realize it is his page when they post certain things. He is so generous with his help of all because he doesn't restrict to his patients and some people post some things that they wouldn't if they knew it was his page

I'm a pre-op and traveling south for my procedure. I'm super thankful that I found that group, and wad pointed to this group. I'm learning as much as I can from both places. I'very only known 1 person in RL that had a DS, so every bit of knowledge and support is appreciated.

I've never heard of a Dr. Arnold in AZ as a DS surgeon at all. If people aren't clear that it's Dr. K's group, they also may be unclear that it's supporting DS patients. Who knows what operation this person is getting. I found a Dr. William Arnold in Phoenix whose page says he does gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy. DS is not mentioned. Of course his page might not be up to date, but I bet this person is getting something other than a DS and doesn't even perceive what Dr K's group is all about.

I've never heard of a Dr. Arnold in AZ as a DS surgeon at all. If people aren't clear that it's Dr. K's group, they also may be unclear that it's supporting DS patients. Who knows what operation this person is getting. I found a Dr. William Arnold in Phoenix whose page says he does gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy. DS is not mentioned. Of course his page might not be up to date, but I bet this person is getting something other than a DS and doesn't even perceive what Dr K's group is all about.
Yeah the group is called duodenal switch and after looking on my phone that page doesn't say Dr k. That being said it does talk about Dr K a lot, the discussions, so one should be able to figure it out. He is a moderator and Dawn from his team links all kinds of articles and periodically posts rules that are signed by Dr K, Dawn and Kristina.

This guy is 30's I would say and a big boy, so he needs the DS...but you know how uneducated about choices and the ramifications of said choices , many on those boards are. I bet he gets a sleeve or SADI.

Yep it is his group. Dawn and Kristina from staff are moderators and so is Dr k but I haven't seen him post in the group like he does on his Central Valley Bariatrics Page.

I just wish people would realize it is his page when they post certain things. He is so generous with his help of all because he doesn't restrict to his patients and some people post some things that they wouldn't if they knew it was his page
Scott, did you ever find out why you had never crossed paths with Kristina? Is she located in CA or elsewhere, I remember reading in the details about the group it mentioned a university somewhere (forget where now) and I didn't know if she was there or thats where she received her education.

Scott, did you ever find out why you had never crossed paths with Kristina? Is she located in CA or elsewhere, I remember reading in the details about the group it mentioned a university somewhere (forget where now) and I didn't know if she was there or thats where she received her education.
I have met Kristina numerous times, she is the front desk and insurance coordinator. It is Dawn who I havent met.

I am from AZ and researched all the bariatric docs and never came across him. Dr Blackstone was the only one here that was doing them and stopped because of her high complication rTe with her patients. Leaks etc.

People get too drawn in with speed and convenience and just assume that because somebody has Dr in front of their name that they know what they are doing and are capable. I politely asked the guy to research and ask a lot of questions. I have no doubt in my mind that this guy will end up with a SADI.

Last edited:
@DSRIGGS are we able to join the facebook group?
yes the group is open to anyone the moderators allow (pretty much most people from what I see). There are 2,500 members, most of whom had their DS with a surgeon other than Dr K. There are several folks from here that are members of that group.

If you want to PM me your name I can add you.

Latest posts

Back