Nutty Crunch Bars (low carb Protein Bar)

newanatomy

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/54715240697133 This is the recipe I plugged into MFP to get the nutritional facts.

12 Ingredients
  • 4.00 scoops, Cappuccino Protein Drink Syntrax
  • 2.00 cup(s), Unsweetened Shredded Organic Coconut - Net Carbs
  • 2.00 tsp(s), Spices - Cinnamon, ground
  • 0.25 cup(s), Coconut Oil - 100% Organic Extra Virgin
  • 1.00 tsp(s), Vanilla extract
  • 0.50 cup(s), Nuts - Almond butter, plain, without salt added
  • 0.50 cup(s), Raw Cashews
  • 0.50 cup(s), Nuts - Walnuts, english
  • 0.25 cup(s), Raisins - Seedless
  • 0.25 cup, Dried Cranberries
  • 0.25 tsp(s), Sea Salt
  • 0.50 cup(s), Water - Municipal
Mine made 16 servings.
As modified the nutrition facts according to MFP are: Total Fat 19 g; Total Carbohydrate 8 g;
Dietary Fiber 2 g; Sugars 4 g; Protein 9 g; calories 233

Original recipe is below. I followed the directions, just changed some of the ingredients.

I made them today with what I had on hand. Mmmm.

Nutty Raisin Crunch Bars

wheat-belly-recipe-nutty-raisin-crunch-bar-340x210.png

Print
Author: Dr. William Davis
Serves: 12
Ingredients
  • 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ cup almond butter, room temperature
  • ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
  • ½ cup walnut fragments
  • ½ cup dried raisins
  • 1 cup whey protein
  • Sweetener equivalent to ½ cup sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon sea salt
  • ½ cup water

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 300° F.
  2. Combine coconut and cinnamon in large bowl and mix.
  3. In small bowl, mix together melted coconut oil and vanilla, then add to coconut mixture. Mix thoroughly and coat coconut with oil.
  4. Spread mixture thinly on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, remove and toss with spoon, then continue to heat an additional 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned, then remove immediately. (The coconut will burn quickly after browning begins, so watch closely.)
  5. Transfer toasted coconut back to large bowl. Mix in almond butter, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, raisins, whey protein, sweetener, salt, water and combine thoroughly.
  6. Shape into bars on parchment or wax paper lined surface. Store in refrigerator.

Oh, these look good. I've been eating seed bars lately, but have some cashew butter in the fridge I'd like to give a go with these. I also have odd bits of pepita seeds and others that I can finally use up in these.

Oh, these look good. I've been eating seed bars lately, but have some cashew butter in the fridge I'd like to give a go with these. I also have odd bits of pepita seeds and others that I can finally use up in these.

Thxs for posting that @newanatomy , they look really good. I wonder if I could get by adding twice the whey protein in the same recipe? I'd like to get that protein up to at least X2 the carb amount?

Thxs for posting that @newanatomy , they look really good. I wonder if I could get by adding twice the whey protein in the same recipe? I'd like to get that protein up to at least X2 the carb amount?

I think that would work as long as it is an easy mix protein otherwise, the bars can be a little grainy. The Syntrax dissolves super easy. Isopure doesn't as easily. I used flavored protein instead of whey protein and a sweetener. It's all personal preference.

I pressed them into a parchment lined 1/4 sheet pan and let them chill in the fridge for a couple of hours then cut them into bars. Worked like a charm.

Latest posts

Back