Not liking iron trend

Hi everyone:

My iron, ferritin, Saturation, TIBC are normal but seem to be trending downward. I get labs every 6 months or so. I've taken Ferocon for years. I'm 15+ years out from a very distal RNY.

Is Ferocon still "the thing"? It's ferrous fumarate. I'm reading about the Proferrin and thinking about supplementing the Ferocon. Of course, my doctor is of no help. Maybe it's time for hematologist. Anyway, thoughts or supplementing the Ferocon with Proferrin?

Thanks!

Something's up with the vitamin D too, so I'll be around a lot more checking out what supplements I need. Geez, I hit 50 and my labs start tanking.

I ended up getting iron infusions, but they cost so much that I'm going to give another try with a different iron, and I've had everything but heme. I followed someone's advice for ordering from (I think) China, so it's still on it way on a slow boat. I did take a liquid type of iron long ago that worked for me, but the longer I took it, the more offensive the taste of it became, to the point I almost have the dry heaves just at the thought of it. While infusions work, insurance covers less every year, and if it's going to cost a grand or more, I'm going to exhaust every oral type available first.

I ended up getting iron infusions, but they cost so much that I'm going to give another try with a different iron, and I've had everything but heme. I followed someone's advice for ordering from (I think) China, so it's still on it way on a slow boat. I did take a liquid type of iron long ago that worked for me, but the longer I took it, the more offensive the taste of it became, to the point I almost have the dry heaves just at the thought of it. While infusions work, insurance covers less every year, and if it's going to cost a grand or more, I'm going to exhaust every oral type available first.
You probably mean the DHC that people like SusanBrown has found thanks to some of the FB DS groups out there.

Yep and yep. The boat from Japan isn't moving any faster than it was when I thought it was coming from China.

Latest posts

Back