Nordic Skiing

SKMSU

Go Green - Go White
Is anybody into nordic skiing. Maybe it's all the snow we just got dumped on us, but I'm thinking I would like to give it a try. Thought I would see what others that have tried it think of it as a workout. Hopefully there are places where you can rent equipment before committing.

Oh to cold! I'll bet you can rent all types of equipment at ski rental places. Good luck I hope you like it. I have a friend who loves cross country skiing...I will think of you as I walk on the Bay Trail by my house! 70 degrees today!
Whit

Oh to cold! I'll bet you can rent all types of equipment at ski rental places. Good luck I hope you like it. I have a friend who loves cross country skiing...I will think of you as I walk on the Bay Trail by my house! 70 degrees today!
Whit
Way too cold!! It was 0 here when I woke up at 6 this morning. I'm ready for spring already, but maybe doing some fun winter activity will make the cold easier to take. Enjoy that warmth! :)

Rent the equipment to learn what you need and see if you like it. It is for sure a serious workout! Your legs will burn like they are on fire and wear layers you can strip off because you will get hot. If it's for you, there will be lots of great used equipment on sale in the Spring. If you love it, you can also get rollerblade type skis for road use when there is no snow.

Make sure you have unlimited arm motion whatever you decide to wear. Heavy coats usually don't work. Fleece is good. When I first started I fell a lot and my pants would 'steam' when I finally sat down. And wear your camel pack UNDER your clothes so the water doesn't freeze!

Have dogs? Look up skiijoring! I tried this but I got tired of the dogs planting my face in trees. If your dogs are better trained than mine you might like it. It is fun and my dogs got the left and right turn right away. The problems came when there was a squirrel or some other interesting woodland creature they wanted to check out. Then all hell broke loose! My dogs wore boots too because it was too cold for them to be out barefooted for long in Minnesota.

Now I live in Las Vegas and I can see the snow on top of the mountains and that's enough for me!

I think I will rent to see if I like it first. Most of our snow is gone now, but we still have the bitter cold for another day. Indoors is good too. I need to get on my treadmill more often!

Latest posts

Back