No DS doctor in state and in network

I am going to have to do more doctor research. just for those reading and considering Dr Elariny, he was not pushing for a 2 part only. He says he does the procedure in 1 procedure if you are under a 55 BMI or if you insist as a person with BMI > 55. I just want to be fair about the conversation. I realize now I may have alluded that the conversation went otherwise.
@Rutb Just checking in to see how you're doing.

@Jbandmmomma - I am sorry I went MIA - I was out of town for the past week with little internet coverages.

Thanks to Diana and Larra (I think), I am pretty certain that I will be able to get it covered. I just need to go through the process and see how the insurance responds. I have my PCP appointment tomorrow and am going to ask for a referral for the DS. After I get my referral, I can get in contact with Dr. Elariny's office to get the approval for the consult appointment. Last week, I attended the webinar introduction session for the practice.

Yes, I've decided to go with Dr. Elariny if he will have me as his patient. I am sure the other two doctors are very practiced at other types of WLS and are diligent doctors, but I am not comfortable being in the first batch of patients. I will never judge anyone who decides to go doctors who have just started to perform the DS, it just isn't for me. Looking at their 2013 stats on the website (it actually has all stats since they started doing WLS), their numbers are actually pretty good for the other surgeries they have done over the years. I remember starting out in my profession and was finding it difficult to get a job because everyone wanted an applicant with at least x years of experience. This fact is not lost on me. :)

More importantly, DC is closer to where I live than Winchester, so it will make logistics a bit easier for after surgery. I am more familiar with the Vienna area and have friends up there.

Latest posts

Back