News! Surgery date :)

jillc

Hello everyone,

Well, for those of you who were following the VBG to DS thread may know that I had decided on Greenbaum for my revision, but it looked like, due to my job, I would have to wait to get the surgery in April. I was initially hoping to have it in Dec.

Yesterday, I got news that my rig will be shutting down on Dec 15th for Xmas. Which was great news, because I could schedule days off before and after the shutdown - giving me at least 6 weeks off, probably 7 or 8.

But I had to get cardiology clearance before I set up a surgery date. And my cardiology appointment wasn't until October. I could feel this opportunity slipping through my fingers.

Thankfully, I emailed Tina this a.m. and told her my situation. That if I didn't get it done then, I would have to wait a long time to get it scheduled.

She emailed back and I have a date! December 1st. I fly in on the 27th, see Greenbaum the 28th for a pre-op appointment.

@Elizabeth N., do you think you'd have time to meet up with me that weekend?

Excited! And a bit nervy too. But mostly excited!

Jill

@jillc , That's fantastic! Absolutely we can meet up, and if you'd like me to visit in the hospital, I can do that too, assuming my work situation stays the way it is now.

I am so happy that you were able to get scheduled! December will be here before you know it! Stay strong!

Congrats on having a date with Dr. Greenbaum...well, you know what I mean! The time will fly by and your date will be here before you know it.

Congratulations! I just made my initial appointment with Dr. Greenbaum. I'm excited. I, too, live in NJ-- about 6 miles from the office. If there is anything I can do to make things go more smoothly let me know. Will you need a ride from/to the airport?

Latest posts

Back