Caseyred99

Hi! I'm glad I found this site. It seems very helpful and informative. I have DS surgery December 1st with Dr. Sharp in Raleigh NC. I'll be perusing all the forums and posts!

hello, @Caseyred99

now that you are "scared to death" I was looking back to see if you'd posted any reasons why you want surgery. you didn't list any but they have to be there.

it's good to post them!

so, WELCOME!

hello, @Caseyred99

now that you are "scared to death" I was looking back to see if you'd posted any reasons why you want surgery. you didn't list any but they have to be there.

it's good to post them!

so, WELCOME!

I want it because I'm tired of being morbidly obese. I want to feel good about myself and how I look. I also just found out yesterday that I have sleep apnea so hopefully it will help with that as well. I do not have any other comorbidities. I'm just tired of being tired and morbidly obese.

Welcome! There can be causes of apnea that won't be helped by weight loss, but most us are. I was able to ditch my cpap after only about one month, despite having lost only a small percentage of my excess weight at that point. Doing this before you have a laundry list of co-morbidities is wise, because some things like the damage to knees and hips doesn't go away because the extra weight does. I wish I'd had my DS many years before I did.

I looooove my DS. Best decision I ever made. I was tired of being morbidly obese too. Now, I'm fitting into size 27 Jeans and my diabetes are gone. It was scary as heck and the new life I have is amazing!

Latest posts

Back