Newbie Hello

pinknightmare

Hi all...newbie, here.

Background: Had RNY in 2006 and am now considering a revision to DS due to failure of the original RNY <sigh>...just over a year after my RNY I had an ulcer perforate (no symptoms prior) and almost died...luckily I had a fantastic surgeon who fixed me up and after a few months was good as new. BUT the resulting endoscopy after the ulcer surgery showed a regular sized stomach...no restriction, as have every endoscopy since that time. My GI doctor said that's the reason the tool didn't work for me. I have been compliant with my eating, exercise and all my vitamins the entire time and it's been very discouraging.

Before I registered with this site, I lurked a bit and found some great information, so I'm hoping to learn a lot more as I start researching the revision. I've contacted Dr. K's office to start the ball rolling (being in the Midwest, I know I will have to travel to get the best surgeon for this procedure) and am cautiously optimistic that this will all go the way I hope.

I even asked my HR department for the EOC, which I'm not sure they will provide to me...is this the norm??? Or do I have to specifically tell them what I'm considering...not that it's any of their business.

Thanks for reading!

Hi!
No you don't have to tell them anything about your possible future medical care. the problem is that they usually have no idea what an EOC is. You will need to go up the food chain to find someone who knows what this is.

Latest posts

Back