new year, new resolution, new and old "miracle" products

Anyone remember in history the "pills" that contained tape worms for weight loss? And my neighbor lady had one of those vibrating belts. Hilarious. My mother and aunt went to Weight Watchers religiously. Literally, they went more often than they went to church. Then afterwards out to eat at Bill Knapp's. I started my first WW diet at 14, and I weighed 125 pounds at the time. My family (sisters & mom and I) went on no less than 25 different diet fads over the years.

The latest is skin wraps. Someone was promoting them on Facebook this last week. My girlfriend tried to sell me some for my "extra" skin. It's going to be the next huge scam for weight loss surgery patients, I'm sure. It costs around $300 for the whole kit, and of course, it doesn't work AT ALL.

Um, I will admit to one product I have used that does work. Frownies. I get them through Vermont Country Store. They are simple manila papers with water soluble adhesive (like on envelopes) that you stick on your forehead frown lines overnight. They work perfectly for me, IF I remember to stick them on.

There's one that's been around for a while, lipozene. I keep waiting for it to go off the market because they make outrageous claims! It's still on late night TV every now and then.

Looks like the latest 'miracle' is some kind of fruit thing. Something like Garcinia Cambogia? Anyone heard of this stuff?

I heard of it from Dr Oz a while ago. I made a note in my phone so I'd remember the name and deleted it recently when I saw it and remembered that I don't like Dr Oz :rolleyes:

That and green coffee extract. People are swearing by it. Is it dangerous for bariatric patients to use stuff like that? I don't know much about the science behind it so no idea...

I really should keep a list.

I haven't heard of that one before, but I can confidently predict it will go the way of hoodia and every other miracle plant or extract or tea or herb that has come down the pike. Remember hoodia?

I did hoodia! I used one that had that and green tea extract. I lost about 15 lbs on it using it for about a month. It did make you feel like not eating, but as soon as I stopped the boomerang effect was I was STARVING. I gained it all back and then some.

Latest posts

Back