new to forum sleeved on 12/1/14

Hi!
18 days - How are you feeling? I was still feeling like road kill at 18 days, but I had the DS so more stuff was fiddled with. Hopefully, you are starting to feel like yourself again.

Hi!
18 days - How are you feeling? I was still feeling like road kill at 18 days, but I had the DS so more stuff was fiddled with. Hopefully, you are starting to feel like yourself again.

Im feeling ok. But some days i feel hungry. Im craving salt. Nd looking to find a different protein shake. Ive been using EAS carb control but now they taste funny,or at least i think they do

Ok thanks will try. Do u have an advice on vitamins.
You don't need any vitamins yet. You're not getting in enough fluids to have room for anything else. 64 oz. is what you need. It's hard when everything tastes so weird....but the more dehydrated you get, the worse stuff tastes and the more nausea you're likely to have. So push the fluids, whatever will go down and stay down.

:welcomeboard:
I know it's hard in the beginning, but you need to drink much more! I never imagined that keeping up with fluids would be the hardest thing to deal with, but it was for me. I had to try lots and lots of different things and I still keep a big variety in the house at 16 months out. I used to be a big water drinker and it just doesn't taste right to me anymore. I like Hawaiian punch, orange crush and crystal light lemonade for add-ins. I also make lots of flavored teas, some I drink unsweetened and some I'll add equal or stevia. Keep trying :)

any fluid (doesn't have to be water) is what is most important now. forget protein, vitamins, or anything else until you are getting 64 oz of liquid every day.

this is very important!! try different things (tea? crystal light?) at different temps. some people like ice cold or cool or warm or hot - see what you can tolerate.

You don't need any vitamins yet. You're not getting in enough fluids to have room for anything else. 64 oz. is what you need. It's hard when everything tastes so weird....but the more dehydrated you get, the worse stuff tastes and the more nausea you're likely to have. So push the fluids, whatever will go down and stay down.

Thank u for the advice. Im really trying with the fluids but im just not thirsty and pushing it makes it hard when swallowing it feels like its stuck in my chest at times. I had to pat my chest to get it down

I also found that water tasted metallic after my surgery (DS). I switched brands of water. The Kirkland water sold at Costco was the one that tasted metallic to me, even though it was just fine pre-op. Other brands tastes good. And eventually the funny, metallic taste of the Kirkland water went away as well. So try different brands, or if you are drinking tap water try a bottled water like Arrowhead or whatever they well where you live and see if it tastes better to you.
I also found that I liked water better if it wasn't too cold, which was not at all what I liked pre-op. so try different waters, different temperatures, different liquids until you find something that works for you. Staying hydrated is the most important thing you can do right now. Tea? egg drop soup? The broth from a good canned soup like Progresso? Keep trying.

Latest posts

Back