New labs done...not much of a change

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Ferritin is still low but in the middle of iron infusions now. These were pulled AFTER the test dose that only lasted about 2 mins but before the ones I could handle, started.

And this is what *I* take based on MY labs:
Kirkland Multi-Vitamin Daily (3 a day)
Fiber (4 a day)
Proferrin ES (12 mgs) (2 per day)
Carbonyl Iron 25 mg (6 per day) (Vitalady Tender tablets)
Vit D3 50,000 IU (1 per day) and 100,000 IU on Sat/Sun (Vitalady)
Vitamin K 1000 (2 per day) (Vitalady)
Vitamin K2 MK-7 150 mcg (4 per day) (Vitalady)
Boron 3mg (1 per day)
Magnesium Citrate (500 mg/150 mg Elemental) (1 per day) (Vitalady)
Calcium Citrate 300 IU (Elemental) (1 per day) (Vitalady)
Strontium 300 mg (1 per day)

Remember, newbies...base your vitamins on YOUR labs once they start getting pulled. Easier to bring values down than bring them out of the toilet.

Last edited:
Your calcium is interesting, you are high but take very little per day. I thought it was something DS'rs had trouble with. I am taking it four times a day and my level was normal.
Also, you don't take any A? Really shows how YMMV!

Not only do I not take A but no E or any of the B's.

I'm aware my calcium is completely weird which is why I said in my osteoporosis thread that you can still have great labs and weak bones. Many factors can not be controlled.

I wasn't looking really hard this time but he missed my PTH. However, since my D went up and my calcium stayed the same, pretty much, and LAST time my PTH was low enough with a D almost 30 points lower. I'm not gonna worry. I will try and remember to get him to mark THAT box next time.

Not only do I not take A but no E or any of the B's.

I'm aware my calcium is completely weird which is why I said in my osteoporosis thread that you can still have great labs and weak bones. Many factors can not be controlled.

it's really complicated, isn't it? it is not just how much calcium you have it's WHERE it is in your body, right? in your bones or somewhere else....

I don't understand the chemistry, just know it's complicated. I got the general idea from listening to Dr. Christiane Northrup on PBS - she always says osteoporosis "doesn't mean you have a TUMS deficiency"

I know hormones factor in there....

Latest posts

Back