New Here

Samantha

Hello everyone,

My name is Samantha, but everyone calls me Sam.
I found this site when I was looking for a doctor in my area that would do a revision. I had the gastric sleeve performed on me in March 27 of 2014. I was doing really good at losing the weight. At one point I lost I think close to 150lbs. Then I went and made the most stupidest mistake and relocated out of state with my now ex-fiance and during that time I was in an accident that caused me to lose my left eye, so needless to say I went into a state of depression. I wasn't overeating really, but those around me had very big appetites so I wasn't eating healthy anymore and in my depression a part of me didn't care anymore. I have gained about 55lbs back but sometimes I feel like it's more.
Anyway, I'm looking for a doctor (in Indiana where I am located) who can perform a revision and I think I found one but I don't know if my insurance will cover a revision. I currently have Medicare and Medicaid, but I'm also planning on moving back to Kentucky, but do not know when yet and having trouble finding a doctor there. Anyway that's my story.

-Samantha :)

Welcome! While you're looking for a surgeon, look for counselling about the depression. I've lost 200 pounds and still have problems with depression. Short term use of an anti-depressant may also help, especially if it came on recently. I've been on anti-depressants for at least forty years. I get counseling when an acute situation breaks through the drug's help.

Best wishes.

Thanks, I'm currently on an anti-depressant, one that I think is working better than any others though I still have a few off days now and then. I was on two different ones several months ago but once both were in my system I didn't like the way they were making me feel so I had to do a little experimenting to see which made me feel better so now I'm only on one.

I'm so sorry for all you have been through. My Midwest geography isn't the greatest, but another potential resource for you might be Dr. Bernita Berntsen in Topeka, Kansas. She is a well regarded bariatric surgeon who does the DS, and does some revisions (does not to gastric bypass to DS revisions).

Hi Sam, welcome here and glad you found us.

I have had depression all my life and anxiety most of my adult life. it's really epidemic. :frown:

Latest posts

Back