new guy

Michael A

Hello everyone and thank you for accepting me. - I am 16 months out from my DS surgery and I went from 310 to 183 and I have 13 to go to make goal and now I have hit a plateau - hopefully I start kickboxing class tonight it should help me lose the 13 before Thanksgiving.
I do have one problem it seems like when I go #2 it feels like I really have to push thus this has created my some lower back issues and lower stomach pains - any suggestions? I eat high protein low carbs low fat it just seems every now and then I get severe stomach pains - Cat scan shows no scar tissue or twists in my intestines so I am baffled - !!

You need to stop avoiding fat. Low fat is wrong for a DSer. Throw out all the low fat frankenfoods and eat real. Real mayo, butter, and cream. Real salad dressing, etc. Cream in your coffee is delightful! And here is a bonus, the real stuff in lower in carbs than the fake stuff. And you will have no more poop problems too.

And welcome!

Hi and welcome @Michael A ! Wow. That's 127 pounds lost! Great news! I'm with the others - eat normal amounts of fat - no need to avoid it!

Welcome!

Yeah, we know. The nutritionists tell you to go low fat. That's RNY advice that they've wrongly repurposed for DS. Ignore them.

A couple of thousand for a CAT scan and we coulda told you that you just aren't eating enough fat. With DS you don't absorb 80% of the fat you eat and without fat, it's like trying to poop boulders (and your skin and hair dry out, and mental acuity dims). Fat is GOOD for a DSer!! Eat up. (Also make sure you are getting about 80oz of fluids a day.)

Latest posts

Back