Need surgeon advice

Nursegyrl

Please help. I had VSG in 2014 and was 360 lbs. I didn't do enough research on my surgery type and even though I went down to 230 I have gained 30 lbs and am currently 260. I now realize I am going to keep climbing in weight bc I recently and suddenly lost all restriction.

I really need help finding a true DS surgeon but I need to find a surgeon under 30k that accepts financing but would be thrilled if I could get a safe ds for 20k. Any recommendations or advice?

I have been researching and researching surgeons but I feel like I am spinning my wheels and having difficulty narrowing a dr down.

The surgeon who did my VSG offers sips but I really really feel the right thing for me long term is the original DS.

Please help. I had VSG in 2014 and was 360 lbs. I didn't do enough research on my surgery type and even though I went down to 230 I have gained 30 lbs and am currently 260. I now realize I am going to keep climbing in weight bc I recently and suddenly lost all restriction.

I really need help finding a true DS surgeon but I need to find a surgeon under 30k that accepts financing but would be thrilled if I could get a safe ds for 20k. Any recommendations or advice?

I have been researching and researching surgeons but I feel like I am spinning my wheels and having difficulty narrowing a dr down.

The surgeon who did my VSG offers sips but I really really feel the right thing for me long term is the original DS.

Hi, where are you located? I know some people go to Mexico because the cost is 11k. I ask where you're located, because if you're in Northern CA there's Dr John Rabkin and in Southern CA is Dr Ara Kesheshian. I'm only 5 days post-op with Rabkin, but this is definitely the place for great advice!

Yes, Esquerra is the only one I would recommend in MX. He is $11k for a virgin DS so your add-on switch should be less. Great care there, seriously better than in US. And they keep you for 4 nights (for virgin DS) which is far more than in US so you're feeling well enough for travel. They pick you up and drop you back off at San Diego airport.

Oh and the part of my surgery that gave me trouble afterwards was the VSG part (nearly a year of puking with dense protein). I've had zero trouble with the bowel part. Your recovery from this should be reasonably easy.

Yes, used to be in neighborhood of $7 thousand. It might be higher now. I don't know if they have any financing options but I rather doubt it.

I was extremely satisfied with Dr. Esquerra, the staff, hospital, everything.

Welcome

Mexico does sound crazy and i thought it was crazy at first. I remember googling the DS and seeing ads for it in Mexico and I was like NFW. And two months later I was on a plane to Mexico to get my DS. It's NOT crazy, but you need to get comfortable with the idea. Personally, i think getting on plane and going somewhere to have the DS is the same whether you go to Mexico or stay in the States. With Dr. Esquerra, you fly to San Deigo and you are picked up.

Here is the video that made me feel OK about the whole thing

I went to Dr. Greenbaum in NJ. It was about 20k including a 5 night hospital stay.

Latest posts

Back