Need advice on probiotics

MichelleB

I had VSG revision to DS surgery on 9/12/2016. I have read and heard from various sources that as DS patients we should be taking a probiotic. I don't know anything about probiotics. Which ones are good to take? How often should I be taking a probiotic? What are some changes I will see and/or feel once I start taking a probiotic? I appreciate any advice and helpful information on this from anyone. Thanks!

i bought the expensive ones that had to be kept in the fridge and I never took them. Now I use ones that don't need refrigeration. I just put them in my med planner and I haven't missed a day since. It has really helped with gas, bloating and loose stools for me,

I take a Primal Defense Ultra (buy online) in the morning, and a Culturelle (Costco, when it's on sale) at night.
I should probably do the Culturelle or another cheap one at night. Instead I just do PDU in the AM. I try to eat plenty of yogurt and I really should start experimenting with some fermented foods which are supposed to be great sources of good gut bugs.

I use VSL#3DS, for years, it is by far the best probiotic I have used

And I cannot use it. Ever.

It contains yeast and I live at the intersection of Thrush and Monistat. In three days, I itch everywhere, have ucky stuff in my mouth and wanna squat over a blender.

So...not my first choice...or scond or ninety-fourth...lol.

Latest posts

Back