Most amazing NSV

galaxygrrl

So, I had the most amazing NSV today and just wanted to share. So, we had a Board of Directors meeting at work. Its the first time I met the Board because it's a new job.

I went into the room to talk to the Board and needed to sit on a folding chair. I thought, yuck I folding chair they are so uncomfortable and I need to look smart and composed.

So, then, I sat in the chair and folding chairs are not as bad when you are small.

I presented to the BoD and they are big shots. And I did my thing and then, I walked out of the room.

I realized that I was not worried at all they were going to think I was fat, and I would have to overcome I'm fat. They had no idea I was fat for my whole entire life. I remember being 10 years old and choosing a desk at school because the girl sitting next to the desk was chubby - I was just a chubby kid. This was my whole life. And now it'd done and it's over.

I'm still do shocked. And so happy!!!

Thank you everyone who helped me get here. This forum has been amazing.

Make sure you file this away under moments to remember forever.

Once upon a time, I had my 10 minutes of brilliance and I found myself in the boardroom of a fortune 100 corporation explaining why X was going to be worth billions and change the lives of almost everyone in the world. They didn't listen to me because I was fat. They were wrong and I was right. Several years later, they even stole the name I had proposed for the company.

X was the internet. They would have been the first huge ISP if they had listened to me. A few of those boneheads even laughed at me when I told them it wouldn't be all that long before we did all our banking and purchasing online. I will always believe if I hadn't been a fat woman, I would be a rich woman today!

Congratulations! Board presentations are nerve-wracking - glad it went well. It is freeing not to have to [over]compensate for stereotypes held by others!

Great NSV! Such a feeling of freedom not to be burdened by thinking about weight and appearance.

Latest posts

Back