More2Adore's Updates

Oh, and robs - hijack away. ;) You're always welcome on my thread! :)

Also - good news for me! Looks like they're going to let me go forward with surgery without waiting for the ulcer on my leg to heal. :)

We should be able to reschedule the appointment with the head of Intensive Care and the dietician and get the surgery scheduled soon. Fingers crossed! :)
Great news! Happy for you :)
And @Munchkin I'm putting a copy of my version in the recipe section ;)

I'm thinking February - just YESTERDAY (the day before my birthday. :)) I finally got offered a job here in my dream field with my dream company after a year of looking for something I really wanted - but it's for now through the holidays, with the potential to extend. So I'm thinking of I schedule it for February or so, that will give them time to decide if they want to keep me on or not. If they do, then they'll have to be okay with me having a couple weeks off for surgery (at least one totally off, and maybe one more to telework or whatever the surgeon says I'll need). Since it's just the sleeve and not the DS hopefully recovery won't be too intense (famous last words, I know).

Oh, and robs - hijack away. ;) You're always welcome on my thread! :)

Also - good news for me! Looks like they're going to let me go forward with surgery without waiting for the ulcer on my leg to heal. :)

We should be able to reschedule the appointment with the head of Intensive Care and the dietician and get the surgery scheduled soon. Fingers crossed! :)

That is wonderful news!!! Congratulations!

Unfortunately I have to take cyclosporine (an immune suppressant), 2 grams of Keflex a day (so 4 500mg tablets), occasional intralesional steroid injections into the ulcer (um, OW), and dressing the wound the way the doc instructed. Fun times.

Unfortunately I have to take cyclosporine (an immune suppressant), 2 grams of Keflex a day (so 4 500mg tablets), occasional intralesional steroid injections into the ulcer (um, OW), and dressing the wound the way the doc instructed. Fun times.
Ouch! I have one idea that won't hurt you and may help. Read up on Niacin(it's a B vitamin) and take some. It increases blood flow in the extremities and it has helped some people heal leg ulcers.

@more2adore this is great news! The surgery I mean, not the ulcer and the cyclosporine and all that.

I know the ulcer is not caused by your weight, but even so, getting some weight and edema off those legs can only help with healing. Let us know when you have a date.

I will! I'm anxious to get it set. It's so funny - I get one delay out of the way, and another happens. Dang it. But I HAVE to not screw up this chance I have to get my career started here, either. Being unemployed for almost a year is no joke!

Well, my contract job is over. It was wonderful, and I'm sad it's over - but it is what it is. :) Back to focusing on my health, now. I have to admit - I ate wayyyyyy too many sweets and carbs at the holidays. :( Really, really bad. On the plus side, I didn't actually gain any weight. Gotta love my body - so into set points that it doesn't care if I'm eating 1500 calories or 5000 calories (guesstimate, as I also stopped tracking... >.<) - it just hangs in the same 7-pound range.

The holidays are over, though, and we're back to low-carb cooking tonight. I also have finally been able to reschedule with the intensive care doc I need to see in Melbourne, and with the dietician they want me to meet with. Those, an EKG, and a phone consult with my surgeon are all that stand between me and surgery still. Fingers crossed I have a surgery date soon!

Oh, and - don't want to jinx it, but the ulcer is finally healing up at an amazing rate. Fingers crossed - it might be totally healed by my surgery date. :)

More2Adore,

I wanted to point something out that I didn't read in the follow up posts - While protein is important for weight loss (and healing), excess amounts of protein gets broken down into parts that are used to build glucose - and can actually contribute to increased blood sugar levels, increased insulin release, and fat storage.

While I don't think you need to decrease your calories, you might try a different split between your protein/carbs/fat ratio. There's a few different diet gurus that say 40/30/30 is magical... I'm not convinced that anything is magical for everyone; but if you like and have fatty fish or a spoonful of coconut oil to stirfry your veggies in... you might notice a positive impact on the scale.

As someone who also has a lot to continue losing, I have to remind myself that if I keep going - a stall is bound to break. Quitting a diet at a stall is typically what gets me every time. I'm trusting my sleeve.

many, maybe most people eat more this time of year - it's probably normal to eat carbs and sleep until spring, if only our jobs would let us do this!!

the ulcer is finally healing up at an amazing rate.
yay!!

:banana:

I really know how you feel about one thing after another delaying things.

My sleeve was delayed over a year thanks to cellulitis and a suspected (never ever confirmed!) blood clot in the lungs. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!! But, I got there in the end and so will you :)

I have been having really bad crampy diarrhea over the last week, alternating with nausea. Really hope it's just because I'm eating holiday crap and not for some other reason. Hubby's convinced I must be knocked up (but he worries about that every time I have any symptom at all, heh). My diet has been atrocious - though today I've had less cramping/diarrhea than usual, and all I've eaten was a slice of fruitcake (finished that off, thank gawd) and two pieces of bacon. Heh. Dinner is in the slow cooker - more low carb goodness (Slender Kitchen's Korean Beef Tacos, only we're not serving them with taco shells/tortillas but in a bowl with cauliflower rice instead). Tomorrow things will be totally back to normal (all the crap is gone again, back to just low-carb groceries). Hoping I start feeling better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back