More2Adore's Updates

We couldn't even get a real turkey - we ended up with a "turkey log," haha. Prices here are too outrageous for whole turkeys. Hopefully I'll get a job and we can do that next year. I looooove turkey and turkey leftovers! :9 Made some cochinita pibil in the slow cooker last night, though, so tons of protein to keep me occupied today. ;)

I don't think November and December are good food months for anyone.

And.....my, "Crap, well that really Sucks" factor is even worse. I am in month 3, the final month of my "Pre-Surgery weight loss goal" that I am suppose to achieve prior to my "planned" surgery in Jan. My Doctor had set a "Pre-Surgery weight loss goal" of -14 lbs before my final weigh in on 12/18. You know, shrink my liver and all that...lol. So far, I've done about 6. In order for me to lose anything I have to go in to the almost complete starvation mode and only have about 100 calories a day, 1 protein shake. If I go up to 200-300, I cant lose weight, if I go over 800, I gain weight, so...the Holidays so far has sucked for me! BUT...I'm NOT going to give them any reason to say I didn't do what I was suppose to. On thanksgiving, I did have some Turkey though and some green beans...AND 1 pretty big piece of homemade pecan pie with vanilla ice cream on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only eat that once or twice a year anyway, but it is like being in Heaven, especially this year...So....I gave myself that and have YET to get back on the scale! Probably gained the 6 lbs back from the 6 oz piece of pie I had!

turkey log?! :unsure:

I have had two different turkey soups at work that co-workers were kind enough to share and it motivated me to cook more/better. I want to!

turkey log?! :unsure:

I have had two different turkey soups at work that co-workers were kind enough to share and it motivated me to cook more/better. I want to!
It is super easy to just boil the bones in a pot on a day you are off work. So easy even *I* can do it! And remember the joys of bulk cooking. Freeze everything and always have a meal waiting at home!

We couldn't even get a real turkey - we ended up with a "turkey log," haha. Prices here are too outrageous for whole turkeys. Hopefully I'll get a job and we can do that next year. I looooove turkey and turkey leftovers! :9 Made some cochinita pibil in the slow cooker last night, though, so tons of protein to keep me occupied today. ;)
Turkey logs used to be really cheap here but come to think of it, I have not seen one in a long time. I will have to look. Over the years I have bought a lot of these. Easy and cheap! Never heard of cochinita pibil before. Because I am lazy...what is it?

And.....my, "Crap, well that really Sucks" factor is even worse. I am in month 3, the final month of my "Pre-Surgery weight loss goal" that I am suppose to achieve prior to my "planned" surgery in Jan. My Doctor had set a "Pre-Surgery weight loss goal" of -14 lbs before my final weigh in on 12/18. You know, shrink my liver and all that...lol. So far, I've done about 6. In order for me to lose anything I have to go in to the almost complete starvation mode and only have about 100 calories a day, 1 protein shake. If I go up to 200-300, I cant lose weight, if I go over 800, I gain weight, so...the Holidays so far has sucked for me! BUT...I'm NOT going to give them any reason to say I didn't do what I was suppose to. On thanksgiving, I did have some Turkey though and some green beans...AND 1 pretty big piece of homemade pecan pie with vanilla ice cream on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only eat that once or twice a year anyway, but it is like being in Heaven, especially this year...So....I gave myself that and have YET to get back on the scale! Probably gained the 6 lbs back from the 6 oz piece of pie I had!

I am really sorry that you have this particular hoop to jump through, talk about a broken metabolism! Keep your eye on the prize! You can do this!! Soon you will be able to eat till satiety. I love my DS!

I am really sorry that you have this particular hoop to jump through, talk about a broken metabolism! Keep your eye on the prize! You can do this!! Soon you will be able to eat till satiety. I love my DS!

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. You always say the nicest things to everyone and can tell you really mean it. Yup…”eyes on the prize”, time to take my own advice. It’s SOO much easier to give it though…LOL Actually -6 lbs so far is good for me, so I can do it, piece of cake!! No pun intended.

You know, I’ve been at this for almost 6 months now and I am SO ready and SO close!! For 35 yrs I have been living in this state of caloric deprivation and with the DS, I will at least be able to eat meat, cheese and eggs which is what I like to eat anyway!

I can’t ever remember wanting something more than to get this over and done!!

Sorry M2A, don’t wanna hijack your thread, I’m just a longwinded writer…….something we have in common I think :D, without your talent of course ;)

Oh, and robs - hijack away. ;) You're always welcome on my thread! :)

Also - good news for me! Looks like they're going to let me go forward with surgery without waiting for the ulcer on my leg to heal. :)

We should be able to reschedule the appointment with the head of Intensive Care and the dietician and get the surgery scheduled soon. Fingers crossed! :)

Oh, and robs - hijack away. ;) You're always welcome on my thread! :)

Also - good news for me! Looks like they're going to let me go forward with surgery without waiting for the ulcer on my leg to heal. :)

We should be able to reschedule the appointment with the head of Intensive Care and the dietician and get the surgery scheduled soon. Fingers crossed! :)

That is the best news I've heard from anywhere in a while, awesome!

Latest posts

Back