More2Adore's Updates

Thanks. :D

Big difference, very exciting!
Thanks NA. :)

Wow is right!!! I'm so happy for you!
Thank you. :)

amazing, that's really something! good for you, Ginnie!
Thanks Jackie. :)

You look great! :) Love that smile and your glasses are super cute (both pairs)!!!!
Thanks Hil! :) Glasses are fun. ;) :D
So excited for you!! Congrats on the awesome weight loss so far!! :cheer::cheerleaders:
Thanks so much Jen. :)

So it's been quite a while since I updated - figured it was time! Last time I gave an update here I had started a thread about calories and how I was stalling, etc. The advice I got most from most people/places (not just here) was that I might have to eat fewer calories (I was at 700-800) or that this might be all the weight loss I see from the VSG (yikes). But I decided to listen to my surgeon's dietician's advice - she had said to up my calories to 1000-1200. I have to tell you - that has been HARD, even harder than I expected. But I've incorporated higher-calorie but still healthy foods into my diet (like avocado) and most days I am (barely) over 1000 calories and under 50g carbs (and at 70g+ protein). Once I switched to this, the weight started coming off again! I'm not 100% positive it's all the calorie change - it might be the Metformin my endocrinologist put me on as well. But either way - I was very relieved to see my weight start dropping again. Last week when I weighed I had lost 7 pounds that week - tomorrow is weigh-in day again, so we'll see how I did this week. But I looked at the stats and I realized - my BMI is DOWN over 30 points. I've gone from a BMI of 109.7 (when I was 600 pounds) to 79.0. I mean, WOW. There are many people having weight loss surgery whose BMI is 30... I've lost an entire one of those people, haha. Not just their excess weight - but the entire person, lol. That's hard to wrap my brain around! Oh, and I'm getting very close to having lost half MY excess weight, which is awesome! Fingers crossed the stalls stop and the weight keeps going. Thanks for all your support, people. :)

At all my stalls (Pre and post op) upping calories is what broke them as well. Lowering calories as long as you're doing everything else right, doesn't usually break you out of starvation mode.

Yeah, I remember….I was one of those people whom said you may have to go to 800 calories to get it to move. Let me tell you something about myself……sometimes I do better at giving advice than taking my own.

What you just described as being difficult was the hardest thing in this entire journey for me to do…..EAT MORE…take in MORE calories than the 800 -1000. Even pre-op I knew I needed to do that but could never get past the mental block of the initial weight gain that happens when you first do that, thus, I could NEVER get out of the batter’s box and my body stayed in that self-preservation store everything mode for THIRTY + FRIGGIN YEARS!!!

I’m SO HAPPY for you! You are a very smart girl and I knew you’d figure it out! I also was just wondering about you a lot just yesterday regarding how you are doing, so, thxs for the update!

You're doing great! though actually, a bmi of 30 is low for bariatric surgery. The usual minimum is 35 with a serious comorbidity, or 40 without comorbidities, though there are some people with lower bmi who self pay (you can get almost anything with self pay if you shop around). But you have still lost a whole good-sized person and that's a great accomplishment.

Derp, thanks for that reminder @Larra. It's been so long since I was anywhere near that BMI myself I guess I haven't paid enough attention to that, lol. Still - pretty close! :)

And thanks @robs477 for wondering how I was doing! :) I am so jealous of you folks going to the meetup this weekend. I so want to meet all of you (and let's be honest, it has been WAY too long since I had ribeye off the grill. :D Jealous of that as well. LOL! :D)

tomorrow is weigh-in day again, so we'll see how I did this week.

4.4 more pounds down this week, for the record. :) I'll take it!

Great work! You are a wonder! How are you feeling?

Thanks @newanatomy! :) Feeling okay most days. I'm still having hellacious acid reflux, unfortunately. Nexium is working better for me than Pariet (I think it's Aciphex in the states? Rabeprazole) was in that I'm not waking up choking on stomach acid at night anymore. But the acid is still VERY noisy at night (wakes both me and hubby up sometimes), and I feel it all the way up at my throat. I sometimes wake up with a sore throat from it. I take not just the Nexium but also over-the-counter Zantac and Gaviscon. I'm going to try weaning off the Zantac next week because you're not supposed to take that for extended periods but I'm a little nervous about what will happen when I do.

I did wake up once this week and immediately throw up for absolutely no reason I could ascertain (still can't figure that one out! Maybe acid-related?) and I felt rough the rest of the day, but that's been the only time I've vomited post-op where it hasn't been related to me eating a food that my tummy didn't like for some reason (and that's only happened twice).

Other than that, though, I feel great. It's getting easier for me to get around and run errands, and when I do, I no longer am dealing with the dizziness/lightheadedness I struggled with immediately post-op, which is a relief! :)

WOW @more2adore you are doing great!! So inspirational for this anxious pre op!

Aw, thanks @Barbara. :) You'll do wonderfully, I have no doubt! No need to be anxious. :)

So it's been quite a while since I updated - figured it was time! Last time I gave an update here I had started a thread about calories and how I was stalling, etc. The advice I got most from most people/places (not just here) was that I might have to eat fewer calories (I was at 700-800) or that this might be all the weight loss I see from the VSG (yikes). But I decided to listen to my surgeon's dietician's advice - she had said to up my calories to 1000-1200. I have to tell you - that has been HARD, even harder than I expected. But I've incorporated higher-calorie but still healthy foods into my diet (like avocado) and most days I am (barely) over 1000 calories and under 50g carbs (and at 70g+ protein). Once I switched to this, the weight started coming off again! I'm not 100% positive it's all the calorie change - it might be the Metformin my endocrinologist put me on as well. But either way - I was very relieved to see my weight start dropping again. Last week when I weighed I had lost 7 pounds that week - tomorrow is weigh-in day again, so we'll see how I did this week. But I looked at the stats and I realized - my BMI is DOWN over 30 points. I've gone from a BMI of 109.7 (when I was 600 pounds) to 79.0. I mean, WOW. There are many people having weight loss surgery whose BMI is 30... I've lost an entire one of those people, haha. Not just their excess weight - but the entire person, lol. That's hard to wrap my brain around! Oh, and I'm getting very close to having lost half MY excess weight, which is awesome! Fingers crossed the stalls stop and the weight keeps going. Thanks for all your support, people. :)
If we starve ourselves our metabolism shuts down. We only absorb 40 to 50% of our calories so we NEED about 2000 to keep our metabolism in full burn mode. Not that I do it often, but when I do manage it for a few days in a row, the Weight just melts off

Latest posts

Back