MamaShelia Revision Surgery [TX | Jun 17, 2015]

Wishing @MamaShelia a safe and successful revision surgery! And glad Dr. Ayoola has taken up these complex revisions.

Thanks, Larra! You have been a great impetus behind the scenes for so many, myself included, and I can't wait to be on the other side and well into the journey with all of y'all at my side! It's a great feeling of community and it means so much!

Thanks so much! Ready to do this!
I feel you hon. I was probably the most impatient DS patient ever. I wanted it done over our Holiday break at the end of 2012 and was so pissed that I had to do the 6 month BS diet (I purposely tried to not lose a pound because it is such horse sh&t) and it ended up being September before it happened. I wanted on with my life, but I will tell you now that I look back at it everything worked out just fine and I am very happy now.

Your day will be here soon and you are going to forget the waiting as well.

I feel you hon. I was probably the most impatient DS patient ever. I wanted it done over our Holiday break at the end of 2012 and was so pissed that I had to do the 6 month BS diet (I purposely tried to not lose a pound because it is such horse sh&t) and it ended up being September before it happened. I wanted on with my life, but I will tell you now that I look back at it everything worked out just fine and I am very happy now.

Your day will be here soon and you are going to forget the waiting as well.

I know that you are right...everything in it's time! My story was the opposite. I heard about the possibility of revisions last April when my sister told us she was having gastric bypass (I am STILL screaming on the inside!!!!) and I reactivated my account on OH to scan for information for her, since my RNY was in 2000. And there I first saw the magic word, "revision," and the name of my best gift ever, "duodenal switch." I sent for my OP notes, and medical records from NC and began to gather information and research on DS. By October I had my initial consult with Dr. Ayoola. I was immediately denied by insurance because my BMI was only 45.9 , I wrote an appeal letter, with guidance from Larra and others, and Dr. Ayoola actually used it during his peer to peer and all of sudden, I had a date in late December, but I am a teacher and Christmas break was ending. I teach a high stakes tested course, and no leave is approved during the Spring....so, I had to wait until summer. June 10th was my date, that's right, that's TODAY! But I got a call in mid-May saying that Dr. A would be on vacation this week, so they were moving me to June 17th. (SIGH!) So maybe that's why today is so hard!

C'mon next week! School begins the first week of August, I want to be well into my routine by then and well-healed!

My RNY revision is 3
weeks later. I will follow your recovery with great interest. Sure it will all go well. Good luck!

@Barbara....I wonder what my world will look like in 3 weeks? For sure I will be on the road to a healthier and a leaner body!

Hooray for you....! I know the waiting is the worse part! Hang in there, it will be here before either of us knows it! :)

Latest posts

Back