Macular Degeneration and Vitamin D PSA

SHales

There was a program on TLC a while back, I think 2012, my mother watched it but I did not so I hope I am getting everything right. (When I have more time, I will try to locate the episode.) She said there were some studies done linking macular degeneration and the improvement thereof with Vitamin D. I took her to get her D tested and of course it came back low so I ordered the 5,000ius dry from Vitalady and started her on them. She used to have a shot in her eye every month and then every other month, this went on for about 3 years. After bringing her D levels up she has not had one in almost 2 years. I am aware of the correlation-causation but my dad has it now and the D has improved his also. I also have the beginnings of macular degenertion, the Doc says it is partially genetic.

Anyway, I thought that some of you may know someone with it and seeing as most people are low anyway, it wouldn't hurt to try a little D therapy. You know all the cautions, test first and test after 3 months, etc.

Just thought it may help someone else.

Last edited:
This is interesting. My mom was diagnosed with macular degeneration 20+ years ago, and with very low D mb 8 years ago, and it hasn't progressed since then. I didn't know there was a correlation, but will go read up on it.

Latest posts

Back