Looking for surgeon in KY

Selena_KY

Hello all! I am a failed Roux N Y patient and am looking to have a revision to the DS. I am in need of a good surgeon in KY or surrounding states that will take WellCare of KY insurance. Insurance company didn't provide much help unfortunately. Thanks!!!

As @southernlady said the list is limited. RNY to DS revision is a challenging and complicated surgery that even most DS surgeons don't do, and I don't even know of any DS surgeon at all in KY at this time. You will need to travel. The operation involves taking apart your entire gastric bypass, returning the stomach and small intestine to their original anatomy, and THEN doing the sleeve and switch of the DS. It can be done, but it's higher risk by far than a virgin DS.
You will need to contact someone on the list, and also check your insurance to see if revisions are covered - not just a DS, but a revision. Many policies have different criteria for revisions than for primary bariatric surgeries, and some don't cover them at all unless there is some complication of the original surgery than needs fixing. So get your EOC (evidence of coverage, a lengthy document that goes into the details, NOT just a summary of benefits) and learn what coverage you have. Never trust an insurance company employee or even the surgeon's employee to get it right for you - just take a look at what's happening right now with @writegirl to see how important it is to be proactive on these details. Also, get your operative report from your gastric bypass - your new surgeon will want it, might as well get it now, either from the surgeon or the hospital where the operation was done.

Latest posts

Back