Lets talk about plastics

galaxygrrl

OK! As one year approaches and I'm getting close to my goal weight, I'm just so thrilled to be not fat! I'm not skinny yet - BMI is 26 - but I'm getting there. i was called tiny twice today! It's a mircle.

So, this is all good and my diabetes is gone. But, the battle scars are there: my tummy is a prune and my arms while not bat wings, are a bit creepy and well.....lets just say, I have not firmed up like I hope.

So, here are my questions. Who did plastics? What did you have done? Are you happy? How painful was it? Did you go abroad? Would you do it again.

I have gotten such mixed signals on this one, some people are happy, some people said its not worth it, I would like to get some perspective.

No sooner than 2 years. You're not done either losing or bouncing back. You want to be stable for quite a while, and to build muscle underneath, before nipping and tucking. Imagine doing it too soon, and your weight redistributes - after going through all that pain and recovery and $$$.

I'm now 1.5 years out, and still losing (slowly). Particularly after I finished graduate school (well, coursework) at the end of this year I want to get back into the gym routine to see how well muscle can fill out a saggy arse and tuckshop lady arms. My trainer went back to Australia in December, and I didn't click with the new one.

The only plastics I might consider would be a boob job, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the time/cost/hassle. I'd also presumably have to wait until I'd decided if I was going to have kids (and, if so, had them). And Victoria's Secret push-up bras are doing the job for now, so at least with clothes on they still look good!

I am researching as well @galaxygrrl. Every part of my body needs help, but I will probably start with my face next summer. The lines and droopy skin make me look much older than my real age. The rest I can hide with clothing for a bit longer.

Can people please weigh in who have done this. Please. ;-)

I am researching as well @galaxygrrl. Every part of my body needs help, but I will probably start with my face next summer. The lines and droopy skin make me look much older than my real age. The rest I can hide with clothing for a bit longer.

So, I started researching Mexico. At first, I thought I would do it here, but then I learned that if I do it in MX, they will take care of me post op until I feel better. I live alone, so this might work in my favor.

I had a panniculectomy / abdominoplasty / hernia repair while SMO . My lovely surprise baby girl was born thereafter. That pregnancy effectively "undid" the abdominoplasty, and the hernia has been repaired twice since then, but the panniculectomy has served me well. I am pleased to be pannus-free.

That said, I suffered DVT and PE that nearly killed me and led to a month in the hospital as a result of the plastics, and my new belly button is way off center, so just a reminder that plastic surgery is real surgery and definitely not risk-free.

All the best!

Check out Sauceda in MX too!

So far, i think Dr Sauceda is my pick. I can get a Lower Body Lift and 12 days of stay/care for about 7K give or take. I liked everything I read about him and his photos.

There is a lot of lipo in that plastic surgery. Thank goodness I just have saggy skin.

This will work just fine, though, I'm not quite that saggy - thank goodness.

Attachments

• 400X600TT16.jpeg
    400X600TT16.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 36
So far, i think Dr Sauceda is my pick. I can get a Lower Body Lift and 12 days of stay/care for about 7K give or take. I liked everything I read about him and his photos.

There is a lot of lipo in that plastic surgery. Thank goodness I just have saggy skin.

This will work just fine, though, I'm not quite that saggy - thank goodness.
I am sure he is a good choice!

I'm thinking about a neck/ lower face lift. My body is what it is. Im 54 and its saggy but not to baggy.

Let us know what you end up doing.

Galaxy - I had VSG 6+ years ago. I recently has the DS to combat bile reflux. I had gained only a little weight since my VSG low. At the time of my DS, I was lighter than a DS lightweight -- a featherweight? bantmweight?

I had significant plastics with Sauceda in Mexico years ago. I love my results. I had a circumferential lower body lift with butt autoaugmentation, long thigh lift, arm lift, and breast lift with implants; then a neck lift a couple of days later. I was in my late 40s at the time. The pain and discomfort was annoying for the first few days, but not bad at all. (However I found recovery from my VSG, plastics, and DS to be very easy. My two knee replacements were more annoying).

I chose Sauceda because of the aftercare and because he would do multiple procedures. The plastic surgeons I talked to in the states wanted to do those procedures spread over 4 surgeries at least 6 months between each one. The US surgeons also would have sent me home after one night in the hospital and I didn't want to need anyone else to take care of me. Like my DSs, I went to Sauceda alone and managed just fine.

I am thrilled with my decision.

@galaxygrrl I'm already fantasizing about plastics, too!! I feel like it's so incredibly out of my realm of reality, price-wise; but at one point, I felt the same way about bariatric surgery, too! I've always said that Mexico would be the only way I'd be able to afford it. @Ever Changing That's so encouraging! I'm glad you were so happy with your results!

Galaxy - I had VSG 6+ years ago. I recently has the DS to combat bile reflux. I had gained only a little weight since my VSG low. At the time of my DS, I was lighter than a DS lightweight -- a featherweight? bantmweight?

I had significant plastics with Sauceda in Mexico years ago. I love my results. I had a circumferential lower body lift with butt autoaugmentation, long thigh lift, arm lift, and breast lift with implants; then a neck lift a couple of days later. I was in my late 40s at the time. The pain and discomfort was annoying for the first few days, but not bad at all. (However I found recovery from my VSG, plastics, and DS to be very easy. My two knee replacements were more annoying).

I chose Sauceda because of the aftercare and because he would do multiple procedures. The plastic surgeons I talked to in the states wanted to do those procedures spread over 4 surgeries at least 6 months between each one. The US surgeons also would have sent me home after one night in the hospital and I didn't want to need anyone else to take care of me. Like my DSs, I went to Sauceda alone and managed just fine.

I am thrilled with my decision.

Thank you so much for sharing! That is what i wanted to know. I sent you a PM

It sounds like going to Mexico is a popular option...I am skeptical but intrigued. Is this safe? What happens if there are complications and you need to be readmitted, will insurance pay for it? How much cheaper is it?

Latest posts

Back