Latest vit D level

countryham

9 months out and it was 25.6 ng/ml Ref 30.0-100.0 I take 50,000 of biotek and 100,000 on the weekend what do y'all think?
3 months ago it was 42.2

Thanks, Liz. That is kinda what I was thinking but it seems like so much. The Dr's office and the dietitian are not a lot of help at this point. They are going to get together on Wednesday and then get back with me. But I appreciate your help.

It sounds like a lot, but the whole point of checking labs is to determine how much is really a lot and how much is not enough for YOU (or too much for you). I couldn't get my D to a decent level until I began taking 100.000/day, and even with that it's still mid-range.

It’s not what you ingest, it’s what you absorb. There are some in the FB groups taking 200,000 or more a day to even get theirs to mid range.

Yes, the amount can make medical professionals crazy but base it on lab results.

Like @southernlady said, it DOES make medical professionals crazy.

BUT, they can be quite educable. My NV PCP got crazy and prescribed the stuff that doesn't work...50k IU in an oil suspension...and I agreed to take it for three weeks with a follow-up blood test. And in three weeks, my D had tanked and she thanked me for humoring her.

The proof is in the blood work.

I take 150k per day AND get injections. Next blood test is this week.

Like @southernlady said, it DOES make medical professionals crazy.

BUT, they can be quite educable. My NV PCP got crazy and prescribed the stuff that doesn't work...50k IU in an oil suspension...and I agreed to take it for three weeks with a follow-up blood test. And in three weeks, my D had tanked and she thanked me for humoring her.

The proof is in the blood work.

I take 150k per day AND get injections. Next blood test is this week.
Thank you, Spiky Bugger. I have increased it to 100,000/ a day as Liz suggests and we will see in 3 months.

Well just had labs done again and my D came up to 32 from 25.6 three months ago Ref range 30-100 I am currently taking 100,000 Biotek Should I go up to 150.000?

I currently take 200,000/day and have had injections. With my reworked intestines I'm probably popping out 99% of it. So I need to take 200K to "catch" the 1% I'm not (in this example 2,000/day, which is not much at all). It's passing through you, so don't get hung up on the number.

If you need 300,000/day so be it.

If it were me, yes.
Any idea how much of this a human can take without going toxic??Last time I bumped it up to 100,000 I told my surgeon and he about had a stroke..lol.. Oh well Thank you all I will take it up another 50,000 and see how that goes in 6 months. Everything looked ok to me atleast not sure how to put all this in a pdf and post it all.

Any idea how much of this a human can take without going toxic??Last time I bumped it up to 100,000 I told my surgeon and he about had a stroke..lol.. Oh well Thank you all I will take it up another 50,000 and see how that goes in 6 months. Everything looked ok to me atleast not sure how to put all this in a pdf and post it all.
It doesn’t matter how much you take IF your levels aren’t toxic (which right now is “said” to be over 150.

Latest posts

Back