Last minute... help!

Newb

I am going to my weight loss clinic this morning. I'm not scheduled to meet a surgeom, but I do want to get more info before I start making payments. There are 3 surgeons a geisinger, I just need more info to decide if I stay here, or go elsewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions for questions I can ask to get valuable information? I know this is very last minute, just have been really thinking about all of the advice and info I have received from this site.

Ask for details on each:
How many DS surgeries have they done, individual not as a practice?
What is each one's complication rate?
Who proctored each of them to learn the DS?
Do they use the Hess method?
And ask for a complete description...making notes of common channel length and how many Anastomosis they make. Two of them and it is a DS, one...that is a SADI/LoopDS/SIPS NOT a DS.

And not one of them is a known quantity to us DSers, as we said before. We don't even know if the one guy we heard of actually GOT a DS in the first place. Make SURE you are getting a proper DS and not a bastardized version with one anastomosis, as Liz said.

Thank you for the help. I did not get to speak with a surgeon, but my questions were forwarded to the surgeons. I was told I would receive a reply, most likely electronocally. Or, they said they could possibly get someone from the surgery team on my next visit. I have decided not to pay the program fee until I get my answers. I did however, get my metabolism rate, blood work and ultrasound done today. As I proceed, any suggestions are appreciated and being taken to heart

It sounds like a worthwhile visit despite not speaking with the surgeon, and I think you made a very good decision not to hand over any money without knowing more about what you would be paying for. Good job!
I agree with Diana that this group is not known AT ALL for doing the DS. The one and only person we know of who went to them has disappeared from this website, which is unfortunate but there's nothing we can do about that (probably more unfortunate for him than for anyone else).
So keep asking questions, and do not make a decision until and unless you are 100% satisfied with the answers you get. If that doesn't happen, vote with your feet, as the expression goes, and go elsewhere. You DO have options.

Latest posts

Back