Kaiser/Options/First Health/First Choice Seattle Help Please

MsSchmurton

Hello!
Any advice welcomed-the short version is a surgeon who I went to for a second opinion on my third hernia surgery and gallbladder issues recommended me to the UW Weight Loss for bariatric surgery. I was denied the request to even get in the door and talk to them. Any advice? Thanks much.

Um ... we can't help you if we don't know the reason for the denial, what your personal insurance coverage is (you need a copy of your Evidence of Coverage (EoC) - not the summary of benefits, the entire insurance contract, YOUR bariatric policy.

Um ... we can't help you if we don't know the reason for the denial, what your personal insurance coverage is (you need a copy of your Evidence of Coverage (EoC) - not the summary of benefits, the entire insurance contract, YOUR bariatric policy.

Hi again, and thanks for the quick reply--that is certainly reasonable actually wanting the real deal info. I will gather it and get back to you asap. I am still waiting for the denial in the mail--just heard it on the phone. Thanks much and will be back soon. Have a great weekend.

We also need to know what you asked for - a specific surgery? A specific surgeon? Was the surgeon in-network? Do you have an HMO, POS, PPO? Would your hernia surgeon put the referral in writing? What is your BMI? Comorbidities?

@Larra and I help people with insurance issues for free.

Latest posts

Back