Just curious--Anyone ever watch my 600 lb life?

Excellent response @Paula. It happens, often; for some to the degree of being MO again and qualifying for a revision.....others 40, 50, 60+ lbs. It seems more common than when I had surgery in 2005 (or maybe people were more quiet about it, embarrassed, felt like a failure, whatever the situation may be). I have maintained thankfully but know that the other shoe could drop tomorrow. I always cringe when I read someone say "Gone Forever"......hopefully, not necessarily.

Not all persons who get to 600 lbs do it by feeder relationships, many have metabolisms that have never worked correctly or other health issues that add to their SSMO, its a shame that the show doesnt not show that, they focus on the overeating. Im not saying that doesnt happen but many people who become SSMO do not or did not eat in that fashion.

Yeah, I had to unjoin a Facebook forum because the stupid was so strong there. The Flintstones posts sucked the intelligence right out of me every time I logged on. Then the posts saying "100 pounds gone FOREVER" just made me want to cry. And nobody wanted to talk about the vital importance of protein. Only calories and what weight they were at today. SMH

I always hoped that Ruby would get the DS. Anybody remember her? The redhead? Loved that woman.

I watched last night's episode with Penny. It was sad. The doctor gave her a sleeve. She was totally noncompliant with her diet, apparently even in the hospital after surgery. Her husband must of been sneaking in food at the hospital because she was on a calorie restricted diet and actually gained weight after surgery. She wouldn't work with the physical therapist and never did get to the point where she could walk. She never did lose any weight. I don't know how small he made her sleeve, but there is no way my daughter (who is 3 months out) can eat anywhere close to the amount Penny was.

I did. I watched both Olivia and then Penny. Olivia is so hopeful and happy to have her life back. Then to compare it to Penny so sad. Poor thing. I hope she gets it together before its too late.

Latest posts

Back