Just 6 Vitamins a day....REALLY???

I take about 40 a day, mostly calcium and magnesium, but I also take things not necessarily indicated by my labs, like CoQ10, cranberry, milk thistle . . .

I have 2 kids and one is just fixing to me 7 months. I spend a crap ton on his formula alone (500 a month) & if I have to spend another crap ton on vitamins I may be in a bind. I would hate to put myself in a position where I would have to put my health on the line just to make ends meet ya know.

I average a little less than $50/month on vitamins. I rarely use a protein supplement, so that pushes the total down a lot. I stock up on the specialized vitamins (dry A, D, K1 and K2) 2-4 times per year at a couple hundred dollars per order, depending on how I've had to tweak stuff based on labs. So I do have to make sure I have the cash on hand for those orders.

I take vita lady's prepackaged vitamins it's about 100 per month. I also drink a double protein drink every morning at 50 bucks a month.

I have 2 kids and one is just fixing to me 7 months. I spend a crap ton on his formula alone (500 a month) & if I have to spend another crap ton on vitamins I may be in a bind. I would hate to put myself in a position where I would have to put my health on the line just to make ends meet ya know.

Is there some medical reason he needs $500/month in formula? I ask because it's open enrollment time for lots of people and it might be time to review your insurance coverage.

Oh...and your doctor has no idea what he's talking about.

Really, you only KNOW...for sure...what you NEED when you have post-op lab results in hand.

I saw the time on the post, but I also realize that some people are much more of a night owl than I am :)

Holy crap my pants, $500 a month for FORMULA??? Now I'm really glad I breastfed all 3 of my grown kids. But keep in mind, formula is temporary. Your vitamins will be FOR LIFE. Labs as well.

I'm just still reeling over the formula.

Lol. I tried the whole breast feeding thing and it was horrible. trust me if I had it to do over again I would have tried a little bit harder.

Is there some medical reason he needs $500/month in formula? I ask because it's open enrollment time for lots of people and it might be time to review your insurance coverage.
Yes, he has a milk protein allergy and also he has severe acid reflUx.
we've submitted claims several times trying to get them to assist with the purchasing of the formula but his GI docto keeps submitting the wrong code therefore they keep telling me it's not covered under our insurance. We eventually just gave up and said the hell with it.

Yes, he has a milk protein allergy and also he has severe acid reflUx.
we've submitted claims several times trying to get them to assist with the purchasing of the formula but his GI docto keeps submitting the wrong code therefore they keep telling me it's not covered under our insurance. We eventually just gave up and said the hell with it.
I hope he outgrows his allergy. My BFF, her grandson developed an allergy to whey AND casein. They had to put him on soy milk. But he is starting to outgrow the allergy. They are finally able to let him have food with milk IN it. He just can't drink cow's milk yet and may never be able to but he can handle cheese now.

I would appeal the insurance denial, but then I do that for shits and giggles.

@Kristi

Listen to Diana.

And go STAND in the doctor's office and wait while they produce a document with the correct codes.

And file now, while you still have time, for every month...because a denial can be helpful when you have time to deal with them.

Every month they DON'T pay this bill is equal to about ten months of your supplements...so far, they owe you enough to pay for almost SIX YEARS worth of supplements.

Remember, insurance companies make lots of money because people just give up. They COUNT ON your giving up. That's why their CEO makes about $16 million a year and you are worried about how much supplements cost.

Lol. I tried the whole breast feeding thing and it was horrible. trust me if I had it to do over again I would have tried a little bit harder.

I'm one of those militant nursing moms...from a few decades back. What I do know for sure is that most people who give up do so before six weeks...and many who are successful say that the first six weeks are NOT easy and after that, it's a piece of cake.

Latest posts

Back