Just 6 Vitamins a day....REALLY???

Kristi

The doctor said I would have to take 6 vitamins a day for the rest of my life and I'm ok with that. I was wondering if thats the standard amount or if people usually end up having to take additional vitamins on top of the standard 6?:confused:

:welcome: @Kristi
6 a day may be what HE says but he only had an HOUR of nutrition in med school and is probably assuming (incorrectly btw) that a "bariatric" formula is enough. Which would be laughable if it wasn't so DANGEROUS.

I take 3 Kirkland Daily multis, along with a fistful of others. And I don't take nearly what many do cause we ALL base it on our own lab work.

Read this forum, up down and sideways: http://bariatricfacts.org/forums/vitamins-labs.16/

I'm on a VERY minimal regimen, despite being anal about my labs and adherent to the requirements:

AM:
2 Citricals
1 MagCit
1 Prenavite (prenatal vitamin)
1 vitamin C
I zinc
MWF - 1 50K IU D3
SuTThSa - 1 K1, 1 K2
1 Primal Defense Ultra
TOTAL (not counting my Protonix and ADD med): 9 or 10 pills

PM:
2 Citricals
1 MagCit
1 vitamin C
I zinc
1 50K IU D3
1 Culturelle
TOTAL (not counting my Protonix, Levoxyl and Melatonin): 7 pills

SO - 16-17 supplement pills per day.

I take fewer vitamins than most posters here, with the exception of calcium. I take 12-16 LARGE calcium pills a day (always with food) and then take an equal amount in magnesium. I guess I'm used to it, as I hardly think twice about downing a handful of calcium / magnesium during every meal, but if it's something you end up needing to do, it's not negotiable.

Are the citrical petites smaller than VL's calcium pills?

Also...which vitamins can a person take TOO much of that could be harmful?

I'm on a VERY minimal regimen, despite being anal about my labs and adherent to the requirements:

AM:
2 Citricals
1 MagCit
1 Prenavite (prenatal vitamin)
1 vitamin C
I zinc
MWF - 1 50K IU D3
SuTThSa - 1 K1, 1 K2
1 Primal Defense Ultra
TOTAL (not counting my Protonix and ADD med): 9 or 10 pills

PM:
2 Citricals
1 MagCit
1 vitamin C
I zinc
1 50K IU D3
1 Culturelle
TOTAL (not counting my Protonix, Levoxyl and Melatonin): 7 pills

SO - 16-17 supplement pills per day.
Holy talito!!!!! So if y'all don't mind me asking, about how much am I looking at spending on vitamins every month???

I have 2 kids and one is just fixing to me 7 months. I spend a crap ton on his formula alone (500 a month) & if I have to spend another crap ton on vitamins I may be in a bind. I would hate to put myself in a position where I would have to put my health on the line just to make ends meet ya know.

*some things- like C, calcium, Bs and multis- you can save on and buy when they're on sale, or at walmart or Costco, but the dry formulations of A, D, E & K (not the bariatric "ADEKS"!) are what cost more $ and are also very important. Not everyone needs EVERYTHING, but that all depends on what your lab work says.

Go to vitalady.com and check out her DS package. It gives you a frame of reference. Don't even think there is a chance you will make it on 6 pills a day.

I shop for mine and I buy a lot at puritan.com when they have sales.

I have 2 kids and one is just fixing to me 7 months. I spend a crap ton on his formula alone (500 a month) & if I have to spend another crap ton on vitamins I may be in a bind. I would hate to put myself in a position where I would have to put my health on the line just to make ends meet ya know.
Holy crap! You spend $500 a month on the docs stuff? I take over 30 pills a day and spend about $40-$50 a month.

Latest posts

Back