jjordan8130 is on the Dark Side

k9ophile

I got a call from her husband saying all went well and that she was in recovery. I have to admire her persistence despite Dr. Houston's attempt to talk her into just the sleeve when she wanted the DS. She works at the hospital where she had her surgery and confirmed the time Houston had booked the OR. She was happy to see she was booked for 4 hours. I do believe she will do well by the way she has dealt with Houston.

Good to hear. I did something similar. I ensured those in the waiting room know exactly how long the surgery went.

Thanks @k9ophile !!!!! Yesterday was a little rough. I was in a lot of pain and my recovery nurse made it a point to tell me I wasn't in pain bc my heart rate was in the 50's. By the time I made it to my room I was in tears. My new nurse (Nurse G) was an excellent pt advocate. She called Houston and got a dilaudid bolus. My pain has been well controlled since. I wasn't happy with my IV placement so I requested a new site. My Sweet night nurse didn't realize she had to leave access until a second line was established. I went 2 hours with no access and no pain meds. But did well. After 6 atempts for a new line they called a rapid response team member to start it. He got it first attempt. Other than all this everything has been great. Waiting to see dr. houston this morning so I can get my foley out and be off NPO. I'm SOOOOO thirsty!!!!! :)

Will post more soon!

I'm so glad your second nurse was better! Hope you can get off NPO soon and things improve rapidly!

Thinking of you! <3

@jjordan8130 Wonderful news! I am amazed at anyone who can post the same day they had surgery. I'm sorry you also suffered from multiple stab wounds to get your second line. Hope you can go home as you wanted.

I know you're thirsty, but SIP:)

@k9ophile

Houston came in this morning. He ordered B1 and Iron infusions. My labs looked good though. He put me on clears and I've been "sipping" all day. I actually mixed the fuzzy naval protein powder with sugar free lemonade. It's taken me all day sipping to get it down, but I'm able to KEEP it down so I'm happy. Very sore today. More than yesterday. I've walked a lot and napped a lot. My hubby is at home with the kids, but will be back this evening. I was able to shower today and I'm able to be pretty independent. Hope things stay that way.

Oh...I have 7 lap sites and 1 JP drain. My common channel is around 115cm and 250cm alimentary (per houston)

Latest posts

Back