Jbandmmomma's journey

I appreciate all the thoughts so much. I've been thinking about this a lot since my last update and think I had a Lightbulb moment. I am, as of this morning, 89 pounds down from highest weight. That means I weigh less than I have since before my now 8-year old son was born. I believe that I am frustrated because the last time I was "here", I wore pants at least 3 plus sizes smaller than the ones I'm wearing today. Granted, the pair of jeans I'm wearing today are beyond baggy, but they still technically are wearable.

The cumulative effects of being SMO, 3 pregnancies and nurslings in a 5 year span, and 3 c-sections have changed the shape of me so that my prior size is not achieved yet. It is complete vanity and I am beyond grateful for the positive health changes I've realized, but I guess there was a buried part of my brain that wanted to *need* new pants by now.

And I know it will happen, I am trusting the process, but needed to record this for me to see later. A little naked psychological truth, and a reminder to myself to focus on the really important stuff.

Last edited:
Becky congrats on ~90 pounds lost *that you will NEVER see again*. :) As to the shape, think spanx. And you do need new pants. Try on a new pair and you will see!!! :)

@Jbandmmomma

Remember that some Plus Sizes are each really TWO sizes. You know, like there are sizes 12,14, 16, 18-20, 22-24...like that. So, the larger the size, the more inches are needed to move up (or down) the size chart.

And, I went to QVC (because they are everywhere) and learned that the waist on an extra small fits a waist that is 28-29 inches...one inch. When you get to a Large, the waist fits 35-36.5 inch waists, so that's one and a half inches. Size 1X fits waists of 39.5 -41.5, two inches. And size 3X, is for waists 48-51 inches, three inches.

In other words, the skinny chicks need only lose an inch around the waist to need a clothing size change and the fat chicks need to lose THREE inches.

Don't despair.

Thanks Liz and @Spiky Bugger - you ladies rock. I love the reality check that a little reflection and perspective from others brings.

On a note to the good: I've been able to assume evening dog-walking responsibilities for the 4-legged male critter in our house (at least 5 nights/week). He enjoys peeing on every mailbox and I enjoy being able to walk a mile without breaking a sweat (except last night in the bajillion percent humidity and 88 degree heat) or becoming winded. How's that for an NSV?

Thanks Liz and @Spiky Bugger - you ladies rock. I love the reality check that a little reflection and perspective from others brings.

On a note to the good: I've been able to assume evening dog-walking responsibilities for the 4-legged male critter in our house (at least 5 nights/week). He enjoys peeing on every mailbox and I enjoy being able to walk a mile without breaking a sweat (except last night in the bajillion percent humidity and 88 degree heat) or becoming winded. How's that for an NSV?
JUST 88 degrees???? Is that all???

I'm looking forward to cooler weather to go back to walking critters. Right now, dh walks all three. He leaves the house with three leashes and comes back with one very big braided leash!

JUST 88 degrees???? Is that all???

I'm looking forward to cooler weather to go back to walking critters. Right now, dh walks all three. He leaves the house with three leashes and comes back with one very big braided leash!

LOL. It was 88 at 9:15 pm, heat index much more (bajillion percent humidity). I can't really complain much as we have had a fairly mild summer, but that humidity still kicks my tush. I've been out of the Deep South too long, I'm no longer acclimated.

I'm actually really excited that it's nearly spring here! I'm tired of freezing! (I use the term "freezing" loosely. While it only gets down to about the lower 40s here at night, Sydney-area houses 1) don't generally have anything except space heaters which are super expensive to run, and 2) seem to be made to keep IN the cold air and keep OUT the warm air... which means that it STAYS cold in our house except for a couple of mid-afternoon hours where it's tolerable. And since our last power bill (from me being home all day since I'm still looking for a job, and running the heater for about 4 hours a day... that's all) was $1300 for the quarter (OUCH), we've not been using the space heater at all. Typically I'm all bundled up while typing to you guys, while trying to stay warm. Bring on Aussie summer already!

He enjoys peeing on every mailbox and I enjoy being able to walk a mile without breaking a sweat (except last night in the bajillion percent humidity and 88 degree heat) or becoming winded. How's that for an NSV?

it's a very good one! :geek:

I missed my 6-month surgiversary. At 6 months out, I'm down 115 pounds (~60% EWL). Life is pretty darn good. I can walk and play, only pain comes from a chronically (since before I was MO) injured knee. Maybe now an orthopedic surgeon will be willing to actually listen and treat it, rather than tell me i'm too fat to waste effort on.

Went for bloodwork this morning and 6 month follow-up is in 10 days. Have a big tox course next week that I'm trying to get ready for, figuring out how to bring food/water, and what I can reasonably bring each day. I'll leave home at 5 am and not get back until ~8 pm each night, all 5 days next week.

DS-wise, all seems to be well. No problems getting in 90+ grams protein, 80+grams fat daily, and trying to keep carbs below 50-60 grams/day. Still having trouble getting my iron in, but my PCP is helping me to stay on top of it and will not hesitate to refer to a hema if needed. I am going to try and add in proferrin in the next month, see if that "sits" better than the tender iron I have. Other than that, no big news. Life should get less busy soon, our older 2 young'uns wrap up fall soccer this weekend. The changing day length has us all sort of becoming more home-body-like than in summer. Still getting my evening walks with DH's dog though.

-b

Latest posts

Back