Jbandmmomma's journey

Jbandmmomma

becky
Today I am 1 week post-op. I am getting around well, sipping water all day, and trying to get in as much protein as I can given diet restrictions and taste issues.

Went for post-op checkup on Wednesday (5 days post-op) and was down 14 pounds from surgery, 20 from highest weight. That was surprising.

My providers' plan is full liquids through 14 days post-op, then pureed foods through 6 weeks post-op. I have 1 protein drink that I like (isopure) and am eating greek yogurt. I need to find a protein powder that I can tolerate.

Only issue to note: liquid BM's. Any way to help this in the time until I can move to pureed food? I did start taking Ca-citrate yesterday so hoping that might help firm things up.

Slow and steady, grasshopper!

Yeah, I was liquid BM's until I was able to move to soft foods AND start adding my vitamins. Just keep trying different proteins...

Hoping you find a protein powder that works for you. Sorry about the liquid poo. Hopefully if it doesn't get better before, then it will improve when you are able to incorporate the pureed foods. 14 in 5 days is awesome.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Your priorities are definitely in the right place. Hydration and then protein. The only protein shakes I like are Oh Yeah! by ISS. They are lactose free. I also use unjury protein broth and cheese powder.

Hope you are feeling well and very excited to hear more about your progress!!!

I don't own a scale so have no weight news to report. But I am being strong and sticking with the liquids. I did blitz an order of hot-n-sour soup last night and it was absolute bliss. I think that I've been missing "real flavors" and once I can get a bit more of that I will feel more normal. Also did ricotta fluff just now and it is ah-may-zeeeeng. I've eaten so much greek yogurt this week that I needed a change (even if only for 1 a day). Still focusing on pushing water and starting the day with an isopure grape. Found some orange G2 yesterday that will give a try later today for a new change too. Got to go to my boy's soccer game yesterday afternoon and enjoy the sunshine, then did a weekly grocery shop with 2 kids in tow (DH dropped off, picked up, and did the lifting for me). Overall he's been very understanding about the lifting restrictions and I'm so grateful for that.
That's it for today.
Thanks all for the encouragement! It means a bunch!

Still no scale in the house. Talked to my kid sister yesterday (both my sisters have had RnY's, her's was 2.5 years ago). She wanted to know if my clothes were too big yet. Made me think about it. I've been living in black stretchy pants and shirts with no bra. I have a small healing lap port incision directly where my bra band should go, so have avoided the boobsling til now. I'm supposed to go back to work on Tuesday and don't relish putting one on for that, but might help to see changed shape.?.? Anyway, I realized while chatting with Mary that I now only have 2 chins, instead of 4 or more. My face is looking less fat. I'm claiming that as my major victory for post-op day 14!

On food front, I do not know how I will survive the puréed phase. The surgeon's plan has us on it through week 6. I'm already struggling.

Oh, and I tried poopouri today. Ah-May-zeeng!

I bought a scale yesterday. I am down 30 pounds since surgery. 18% EW gone forever. Just when I have moments of thinking "maybe I'm not doing this right", the DS proves me wrong. I am gobsmacked. (and I know it won't always happen quickly - i chalk that up to being a heavyweight to begin with).

I remember reading somewhere, that we "melt" from the top down. So true! Within a week I could see my neck. Then chins were gone. Collarbones and scapulae appeared. Then ribs and hip bones. Boobs deflated. The "shelf" above my ass disappeared. Then the ass itself. Now my thighs don't touch. It really is pretty amazing.

Keep up the great work! And enjoy the marvel that is your transformation!

Becky, Well done! Glad to see you are doing well and keeping up with the hydration and protein. Have you started with vitamins?

Thanks @Millie and @hilary1617 !

I am trying to just be patient and take every day as they come. Tiny tummy day today, but pushed water and isoprene early in the day. I have been taking some vitamins since day 7. Started with calcium, and have since added in dry D, dry A, probiotic, and a multi. Still have to get iron and up the number of Ca and multi's. Have others also, planning to fill my organizer with full vita lady regimen tomorrow and start taking along daily so can space everything out.

Thanks again for the support everyone!

Yuck. Nauseous day. just yuck. Can't get my fluid intake over about 50 ounces yet, and always have a bottle of water or powerade zero right at hand. I am planning to get some generic prilosec or similar tomorrow. I think my acid reflux is really doing a number on me.
On a progress note: down 50 pounds from highest weight, 40 from surgery day (4 weeks post-op), and 25% of EW gone.
Hopefully can get the acid and nausea under control so that I can get in more protein. I'm topped out at ~45-50 grams most days. Still have not been able to tolerate much in the way of protein shakes.
sorry for the virtual pity party. Just using this thread as my documentation for later.

Latest posts

Back