I've been MIA lately because...

BebeZed

Well... I have been seeing a really nice gentleman who is about 2 years older than me and quite wonderful and doesn't seem to have an issue with either my current size (since I'm still a bit on the large side) OR the saggy baggy skin that's so obvious. He's not seen the "naked truth" but I really think it wouldn't matter. He seems to be a genuine class act

I really don't know how either one of us are going to react if/when it's time for the "big reveal" but hey, things are going well and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If nothing else, I've made an awesome new friend who will drag me out of my house to go DO stuff. :)

So yep, that's why I've not been around much.

Awesome. Now get busy and start getting naked! :p

Just teasing, but I am sure you are much worried about your self appearance than he will be, but I understand. I know my freaking fupa isn't the most attractive thing in the world and wouldn't be wild about showing that off to some hottie.

Is he aware that you had a DS or should I say a bariatric surgery? In any case I am happy you found a friend and are having good time. I hope it progresses how you want it to and that you are happy. You deserve it.

I think it's wonderful that you have met someone that you are interested in seeing more of in the future. :D I have been married since I was 18 and I can't imagine having to have a big reveal. I think you are brave and in for great things!

I've just spent 5 minutes looking for a suitable emoji but have nada. The dancing banana seemed somewhat appropriate but then again, not.

What great news! I am SO happy for you.

As for the big reveal, yeah, that would freak me out too. (But at our age, I'd be freaked out regardless of weight. Things just aren't in the same longitude they once were.) Lights off is a good initial plan.

@DSRIGGS -
LMAO Scott! :D
We've actually discussed it - he does know that I've had surgery and I told him it was a DS and kind of went through what all that entails. He's good with it and yep I think I'll be more worried about how I sag and droop than he will LOL He's gone out of his way to find places to eat where we can get high-protein/low carb foods and he made dinner for us that was absolutely fantastic too. So it's looking good :D

@newanatomy - Thank you! Just dating was almost a heroic act... it's scary out there! LOL

@Clematis - Hmmm the dancing banana may be appropriate eventually lmao!!

Thank you all for your kind words and wishes :)

Agree with Diana. And you're going to have to get it over with anyway. When you do, one of two things are going to happen: A) he's going to be turned off which means you'll know the truth and stop wasting time with him, or B) he's not going to care which will be a tremendous relief for you and bring you closer together. Once you let people in on your secrets and they're OK with them it feels awesome.

Either way you're a winner...

Well... I have been seeing a really nice gentleman who is about 2 years older than me and quite wonderful and doesn't seem to have an issue with either my current size (since I'm still a bit on the large side) OR the saggy baggy skin that's so obvious. He's not seen the "naked truth" but I really think it wouldn't matter. He seems to be a genuine class act

I really don't know how either one of us are going to react if/when it's time for the "big reveal" but hey, things are going well and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If nothing else, I've made an awesome new friend who will drag me out of my house to go DO stuff. :)

So yep, that's why I've not been around much.

Well GOOD FOR YOU! We love when people go missing because hey had their surgery and things are going great and they are just living their. WLS problem free life! Go girl

Oh ya and just an after thought. I used to be very self conscious. Then one day I had a revelation. He can see with clothes on that I'm fat so why and the heck am I worried about him seeing I'm fat naked. It wouldn't make since to be fat in clothes then you get naked and be skinny. Nope you get naked your still fat and......

Latest posts

Back