its a sad sad situation...

marissamast

3X to small in 13 mos. Love my DS
I am running out of things to eat. LOL Here's what happens. I will be eating something, enjoying the hell out of it....and then it happens. I eat that one bite too many and now I feel queasy. And that ruins it for me to ever eat that thing again. Everytime I think about that food, all I remember are the after effects....feeling too full, uncomfortable and queasy. This eating thing is not for wimps.:unsure:
:hmph cat:

I am running out of things to eat. LOL Here's what happens. I will be eating something, enjoying the hell out of it....and then it happens. I eat that one bite too many and now I feel queasy. And that ruins it for me to ever eat that thing again. Everytime I think about that food, all I remember are the after effects....feeling too full, uncomfortable and queasy. This eating thing is not for wimps.:unsure:
:hmph cat:

Best advice, stop one bite sooner!!! (Okay, that is the obvious answer).
Not so obvious answer...as you get further out, the portion you can eat at one time will adjust and if you are careful not to push the limits, it should not cause an issue again.

Sounds like mostly a mind game at running out of things to eat.

Best advice, stop one bite sooner!!! (Okay, that is the obvious answer).
Not so obvious answer...as you get further out, the portion you can eat at one time will adjust and if you are careful not to push the limits, it should not cause an issue again.

Sounds like mostly a mind game at running out of things to eat.
That is what I am praying for! This eating thing is interesting and I am hoping to figure it out soon! I know my tummy is ony about 3 to 4 oz...I was eating soup today. Just a half can. Doing really well...then BAM! It was just that little bit too much. I might as well throw the other half away. I won't be able to eat it....ever. :(

Then stop before you get to that last bite/sip whatever. Just do NOT take it. Mine started at 4 oz, and while healing probably help only 2 oz. Also, don't just "shovel it in"...listen to your body. If a half a can of soup was too much, make 3 or 4 servings out of it.

Then stop before you get to that last bite/sip whatever. Just do NOT take it. Mine started at 4 oz, and while healing probably help only 2 oz. Also, don't just "shovel it in"...listen to your body. If a half a can of soup was too much, make 3 or 4 servings out of it.
Trust me...I don't "shovel it in" I eat very slowly and chew A LOT. Just some times it sneaks up on you. Especially with soup. One second I am fine, the next it is over the top. Still learning the nuances of the tiny tummy. :)

I had the same problem. I have puked some of my favorite things since this surgery. I have a pretty good system now. I cut and chew 3-5 bites, pause and set a timer for 5 minutes, then I do it again, and the third time, I definitely only do three bites. If you have a small, post surgery portion, you'll have that satisfied child feeling of mostly cleaning your plate. You're not eating to fast, so your body has time to tell you to stop.

I had the same problem. I have puked some of my favorite things since this surgery. I have a pretty good system now. I cut and chew 3-5 bites, pause and set a timer for 5 minutes, then I do it again, and the third time, I definitely only do three bites. If you have a small, post surgery portion, you'll have that satisfied child feeling of mostly cleaning your plate. You're not eating to fast, so your body has time to tell you to stop.
I am going to try this! Thank you!

Latest posts

Back