It finally happened...

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
Hubby and I went to Costco to shop for our whirlwind trip to NY this week (I'll post more about that at some point during the 12+ hour drive :rolleyes:). He went to grab a snack from the concession stand while I started the shopping. When he came to look for me, he saw me looking at the vitamins and proceeded to keep walking, HE DIDN'T RECOGNIZE ME!!!! He said he got to the next aisle and said "wait a minute, I think that was my wife back there!" and came back all emotional :D

amazing - I think people consistently underestimate what a mind fuck the whole thing is. for the WLS patient and for everyone around them.

change isn't necessarily bad but when it's faster than your brain is expecting it can be stressful.

Total mind fuck. I'm expecting a strange combination of reactions this weekend from the various friends and family that I haven't seen since November. By November I had already lost 80 pounds or so, but I was so big to start with that it wasn't THAT noticeable. I'm sure I'll have some fun things to report back ;)

Fun! Congratulations on your new shape!!!!

I have to admit enjoying not being recognized by people I didn't particularly like and choosing not to reintroduce myself to them. (E.g. Recently shared an elevator with an annoying former colleague and enjoyed having the option to not to say hello.)

Latest posts

Back