Is this Doctor Joke thing really old?

Spiky Bugger

Break-up lines by medical specialty:

ID: Sorry, our relationship is showing no growth to date.

Pulm: I feel like we need to breathe. We’re too restrictive.

Cards: This relationship is one giant stress test, and we’re failing it.

Endo: All we are is negative feedback loops.

Peds: We don’t love each other anymore. BUT check out this awesome bandaid I’m gonna put on you, AND... you get a sticker!

Heme: We just keep inhibiting each other’s growth factors. We keep cascading, over and over.

Neuro: It’s too late to TPA this clot between us...

Ortho: ... bye, whatever.

ER: Bye... STAT.

Neurosurgery: Wait, I’m supposed to say something? I don’t owe you anything! I AM THE RELATIONSHIP.

GI: Look... we’re all plugged up, we aren’t moving. It’s just... I’m sorry to dump on you but... we gotta go lightly ...

Psych: The question is how do YOU feel about where we’re going?

Nephro: Look, according to these calculations...

Hospitalist: There’s nobody left for us to consult, and our length of stay has gone on way too long. I’m gonna have to discharge you. But you can appeal...

Rheum: I ran some tests... I tried some steroids... more tests. I’m just not sure what we mean anymore.

Plastic surgery: I don’t know how to tell you this, but my smile isn’t real right now. It hasn’t been real this entire time...

Rehab medicine: Just work with me here!

Optho: We should break up. Why am I not telling you in person? I don’t come in for this! I NEVER leave this clinic!

Anesthesia: Ok, count backwards from 10 and it’ll all be over.

Path: I thought you were a special stain, but you’re just gross.

CCM: We’ve been on life support too long and it’s time to recognize it isn’t working and switch our relationship goals.

OMG, that is so true about orthos. Typical op report for the repair of a fractured hip? "It was broken, I fixed it." If I was lucky, they said they did it by pinning the fracture or doing a hip replacement.

Latest posts

Back