Is 8 hrs too long on OR table?

Twelve hours is unimaginable. Don't kidney transplants take less time??? I don't recall enough about your story to understand why your respective DS took so freaking long @kirmy. (Were you revision?) And OMG @bearmom they lost a broken piece of equipment inside you??

I saw another PS yesterday @Settledownnow and he said $40k for same breast lift/augmentation and LBL. But by the time I heard the price, I had already tuned him out as he was actually clueless as to what an LBL was, insisted it was the same as a belt lipectomy, pinched up an inch or two of skin at my waist in the back and told me that people who have gained so much weight just have to live with the sagging, swaying ass and back of thighs. A big implant can be put in to fill up the ass skin but the thighs are forever. Wha?? A lifetime of being fat shamed and now he's trying to shame me for once having been fat? And, hey buddy, WRONG! A proper LBL does lift outer, back of thighs and ass.

(This was where the slightly arrogant staff of young beautiful women led me through the glamorous marble offices where one changed into plush robes and sat on thick golden leather-like armed exam chairs that reclined to become tables. Curiously, by the time I left this beautiful place, I had never felt so ugly. The whole experience felt predatory.)

After I left, I immediately called the first PS to confirm that I wasn't delusional, that yes, the LBL addresses outer and back of thigh (inner thigh can only be done in a future procedure). His technique is to leave the butt skin in place over the real estate that was once my butt, cut it at the base of my butt, then pull the remaining butt skin and thigh skin up over the existing skin, excising any excess, and stitch at top of buttocks. My "implant" is a double layer of my own tissue. (He abrades the surface of the bottom layer so the extra layer of skin will adhere.)

After 3.5/4 whatever it was hours under for DS I only noticed being emotional and crying easily for two weeks. I don't recall being scramble brained, but I was hardly doing anything requiring high executive function.

Brain damage be damned.

I HAVE BOOKED A SURGERY DATE FOR LBL & BREAST LIFT WITH FIRST SURGEON. End of April.

Latest posts

Back