Iron

-Flo-

I got my 6 month labs back. My iron is low.

Total iron: 36 range 40-90
% saturation: 8 range 11-50
iron binding capacity: 433 range 250-450
ferratin: 33 range 10-154
Hemoglobin: 11.5 range 11.7-15.5
Hematocrit: 36.2 range 35-45

I currently take 2 proferrin, wear 2 patch md iron patches and take a multivit with iron. What should I change?

Also my liver function tests were high, I remember Dr. Greenbaum said that they can get weird afer surgery. Just wondering if anyone else dealt with it?

I got my 6 month labs back. My iron is low.

Total iron: 36 range 40-90
% saturation: 8 range 11-50
iron binding capacity: 433 range 250-450
ferratin: 33 range 10-154
Hemoglobin: 11.5 range 11.7-15.5
Hematocrit: 36.2 range 35-45

I currently take 2 proferrin, wear 2 patch md iron patches and take a multivit with iron. What should I change?

Also my liver function tests were high, I remember Dr. Greenbaum said that they can get weird afer surgery. Just wondering if anyone else dealt with it?
You can try adding a third proferrin. Also maybe some carbonyl iron such as the Sundown Naturals Perfect Iron.

As for your liver function, try not to weird out. You are stressing it while in the rapid weight loss phase. It should get back to normal once you slow down some.

Mine were super high - 'I want to test you for hepatitis' high - but it was indeed just the surgery as suspected. I'm now eight months out and they're back to being perfectly normal.

I received a venofor and magnesium infusion after surgery. I have no idea why but iron and ferritin were 77 and around 280 respectively end of July. Iron was 11after surgery so Dr k boosted me.

Latest posts

Back