1. Please review your surgery details found under your profile.
  2. We have many with MIA Avatars. If you are missing yours, please reload it. Use a browser you normally do not use to check. List is in Announcements: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/missing-avatars.5131/

Internal hernia surgery

Discussion in 'Sharing My Journey' started by Duckman, Jan 7, 2018.

DSRIGGS

DSRIGGS Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon

Best wishes to you man. I have had numerous hernia repairs and the first one was my small intestine getting stuck in a hole in the mesentary. It was emergency and the relief was immediate. Very easy recovery too. Hope the same for you!

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Glad you lived. Now HEAL.

hilary1617

hilary1617 First time at the rodeo.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Duckman

Duckman Well-Known Member

Firstly, thanks to all of you for your well wishes.

Not much. They stitched up a couple places that could be hernias, but when they went in there was no obvious inflammation or anything, no necrosis. I don't remember if they sutured two or three gaps closed. He said no eating restrictions, but I need to take it easy for a week or two. Yeah, no shit, even though the surgery was at the very top end of the best possible outcome, I feel like I got run over by a truck.

Saint Francis is a much smaller hospital than Evergreen. Nice, well worn.

JackieOnLine likes this.
    Larra

Larra Well-Known Member

I'm glad they didn't find anything awful, and hope this will relieve the pain.

Jbandmmomma likes this.
    Duckman

Gained 6.8 pounds today. Almost a full BMI point

Spiky Bugger

Spiky Bugger Well-Known Member

I love your relentlessly positive approach to everything...lol. Cracks me TF up.

Last time I encountered someone with a similar approach to life she was in my mirr...never mind.

CaitlynR

CaitlynR Aspiring Wizard

I hope the recovery goes well. Sounds like you are pumped full of fluids, so at least you don’t have to worry as much about dehydration, right? :D

JackieOnLine, Duckman and Jbandmmomma like this.
    Jbandmmomma

Jbandmmomma becky

Glad to hear a good report - hope you have massive relief soon. Rest up and heal

Duckman likes this.
    DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

By next week, things will almost certainly be a whole lot better. Glad they didn't find anything terrible, and perhaps the minor stuff they fixed will turn out to be the cause of your chest pain too.

Duckman likes this.
    Duckman

Call me Eeyore

Duckman

funny you should ask! I've been parched since surgery, I'm drinking tons of water and my mouth is still dry.

JackieOnLine

JackieOnLine Moderator Staff Member

I hope you heal fast and feel better soon. :5grouphug:

Duckman

thank you. I'm still sore. I threw up a small meal last night - I could tell when I ate it, it was trouble - but no problems since then. These sucralfate horse pills are uncomfortable.

Follow up with Srikanth first thing in the morning. I'm looking forward to it.

JackieOnLine likes this.
    bearmom

bearmom Well-Known Member

I guess the good part about being gone for large chunks of time, is that by the time I get here and even know something is wrong, it's already fixed! And I do hope it's all fixed.

The last time I had surgery and they said I was up X pounds, I apparently asked "did any of that go to my tits??" and took a look. I don't remember that, but everyone swears it. I hope for your sake, it didn't go to your tits.

JackieOnLine likes this.